12 ideas to keep in mind from #RDTC2014
During the period 20-21 March 2014, Eventur organized Romanian Digital Travel Conference. I was present on the first day, on 20 March, and the focus was on the latest technologies in the field of electronic commerce and on the most effective online marketing strategies, of course with reference to tourism.
There were 4 sessions, with 3 top speakers, and at the end of the day I drew the line and got 12 interesting ideas. So I share them with you:
– Horia Grozea, Director Card Payments - Netopia mobilPay - Romanians are starting to pay more and more with the card. In 2013, Netopia mobilPay processed 2,2 million transactions totaling 76 million EURO. In developing your business, you also consider implementing a payment solution with card, SMS, etc. It is good to offer the client all the payment methods: by card, sms, bank transfer, cash payment, etc.
– Mădălin Măncilă, marketing specialist at Happy Tour Group - It is very important to keep your customers loyal. One statistic says that if you have 20% of your brand loyal customers, they can generate up to 50% of sales. This is true in any business. But loyalty costs and must be done very carefully and in the long run.
– Petruş Lungu, blogger and digital traveler at tourism20.ro - Step on the acceleration on applications useful in tourism. Optimize your websites for mobile devices, develop all kinds of useful and practical applications for tourists. Note that mobile web traffic is about 20% -30% of total recorded traffic.
– Tudor Iacob, Marketing Specialist at Conectoo - Email marketing campaigns can be successful if they are targeted very well, if they have dynamic content and if the emails are optimized for mobile devices.
– Filip Lăpuş, General Manager at Travelio - Invest in licenses and hardware systems for better business administration and management. Preferably, you should take packages with cloud storage. They are cheaper, and hardware resources can be allocated as needed.
– Alexandru Lăpuşan, CEO Zitec - Hacking for Travel and don't think the negative side. Explore your limits and do something interesting and meaningful. Focus on speed, mobility, creativity, tech and team.
– Cătălin Macovei, PPC Specialist - Great results can be achieved through Google Adwords campaigns. But you need to target the audience very well, set the structure of the message and generate relevant ads. Holidays are not bought at night. According to statistics obtained by Cătălin, most tourist packages were bought around noon.
– Oana Dumitrescu, Head of Online Marketing ZITEC - If you do not have a mobile application or mobile optimized site, you should do so. 90% of consumers use multiple devices (laptop, smartphone, tablet, PC, etc.) in search of their favorite vacation.
– Cristian Ignat - Ppc marketing manager at 2parale - Remarketing can be an extremely valuable tool if we know how to use it, indispensable in a tourism campaign. The consumer uses 10.4 information sources before buying. It would be a shame not to remind him of where he sailed.
– Răzvan Pascu, Travel Communication Romania - Tourism globally is growing, as is the one from / to Romania. Răzvan recommends that you come with unique tourist products and to target them according to tourists. In 2014, you rely on 4 trends: Family trips; Focus on the new millennium generation (young people); Creative tourism and luxury tourism. It matters a lot to whom you communicate and how you communicate.
– Monica Jitariuc, Managing Director at The Practice Romania - The story behind a product, a hotel, an agency, etc. can sell. The communication must be sincere, coherent and correct. Always look for and take advantage of new communication opportunities. Hire professionals!
– Alexandru Negrea, Social Media Consultant - Currently, Facebook has over 7 million accounts, while 10 millions of Internet users (figures reported in Romania). This does not mean that there are 7 millions of internet users on facebook, but their number is very large and worth considering. The fact is that Facebook is not gone yet, but it is changing. Organic Reach is at 16% and decreases, but it can increase as well depending on the quality of the content. Facebook is one of the best communication platforms for businesses in tourism.
That's what I had to say. I hope it will be useful to you and even put into practice. Much of the information here can be applied in many online businesses, not just tourism. Success and increase sales!