Delayed plane? Flight canceled? >>Claim compensation now<< for the flight
delayed or canceled! You can get up to € 600!
Cyprus updates the lists: Germany and Hungary reach the orange list
The Cypriot authorities have removed Germany and Hungary from the list of countries considered epidemiologically safe after estimating that these territories have recently reported an increase in COVID-19 infections.
As confirmed by the Cypriot Ministry of Health, such a decision means that those who want to travel from the two countries will no longer be allowed to enter Cyprus without being subjected to additional requirements, such as testing or quarantine.
At the moment, green list includes the following countries:
- Member States of the European Union: Hungary, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Czech Republic
- Third countries: Australia, Jordan, New Zealand, Singapore
Germany and Hungary were placed on orange list, which includes countries with medium risk, which means that those who want to travel from the two countries will be asked to present the negative result of a PCR test, not older than 72 hours, upon their arrival in Cyprus.
In addition to Germany and Hungary, the orange list also includes the following countries:
- Member States of the European Union: Austria, Germany, Greece, Italy, Croatia, Latvia, Luxembourg, Slovenia, Finland
- Small states: Vatican
- Schengen members: Norway
- Third countries: Canada, Qatar, China (including Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan), Bahrain, Saudi Arabia
Countries that have recently reported a high number of COVID-19 infections are placed on red list. Those traveling from a red-list country will be subject to double-testing requirements, which means that they must test negative for a PCR test when entering Cypriot territory and take a second one upon arrival.
Currently, the red category consists of the following countries:
- Member States of the European Union: Belgium, Bulgaria, France, Denmark, Estonia, Ireland, Spain, Lithuania, Malta, Netherlands, Portugal, Sweden
- Small states: Andorra, Monaco, San Marino
- Schengen members: Switzerland, Iceland, Lichtenstein
- Third countries: Azerbaijan, Egypt, Albania, Armenia, Northern Macedonia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Georgia, United Arab Emirates, United States, United Kingdom, Japan, Israel, Kuwait, Belarus, Lebanon, Montenegro, Moldova, Brunei, South Korea , Ukraine, Russia, Serbia