The Czech Republic imposes new measures on entry conditions: Travel or sightseeing is not allowed.
The Czech Republic has announced new measures on the conditions of entry into its territory for people arriving from countries considered as red zones (including Romania). The measures will enter into force on 9 November 2020, at 00:00.
Thus, ppersons arriving from countries considered as red zones (including Romania) must complete, prior to entering the territory of the Czech Republic, a public health form, available at: https://plf.uzis.cz/.
After completing the form, the persons concerned will receive a confirmation e-mail which they must keep in order to submit it, upon request, to the Czech authorities.
Negative result of a PCR molecular test for SARS-CoV-2 virus infection
In addition to the obligation to complete the form, the persons concerned must submit to the public health directorate (regional hygienic station) of the locality / region the domicile / place of accommodation in the Czech Republic, the negative result of a molecular PCR test for SARS-CoV-2 virus infection, as follows:
- if the test was performed in an EU or Schengen State prior to arrival in the Czech Republic, it must have been taken no later than 72 hours before arrival and must be sent to the Public Health Directorate immediately after entering the territory of the Republic Czech;
- if the test is performed on the territory of the Czech Republic, the result will have to be transmitted to the public health directorate (regional hygienic station) within 5 days of entering the Czech Republic.
The following categories are exempted from the obligation to present a negative molecular test for SARS-CoV-2 virus infection upon entering the territory of the Czech Republic:
- persons whose stay in a high-risk state has not exceeded 12 hours in the last 14 days;
- cross-border workers, pupils and students from neighboring countries;
- persons traveling for medical, family, professional or business emergencies and whose stay does not exceed 12 hours;
- persons in transit through the Czech Republic, provided that the duration of the transit does not exceed 12 hours.
Travel for tourist or visiting purposes is not permitted.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs reminds that the Czech authorities allow the entry of foreign nationals only on a well-founded basis, namely for a professional or business activity (including cross-border workers), essential family trips, those for obtaining medical services, etc. Travel for tourist or visiting purposes is not permitted.