Norway requires a mandatory quarantine upon entry into the country for a period of 10 days
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs states that the Norwegian authorities have announced new measures on the conditions of entry into the territory of the Kingdom of Norway for persons coming from countries in the red zone (including Romania).
Thus, starting with November 9, 2020, 00:00, people arriving from states in the red zone, including Romania, must present at the entry into the territory of the Kingdom of Norway a PCR or antigen negative molecular test for SARS-CoV-2 virus infection, performed a maximum of 72 hours prior to arrival.
The document certifying the negative result must be written in English, French, German, Norwegian, Swedish or Danish. Failure to take the negative test may result in refusal to enter Norwegian territory.
They are exempted from the obligation to present a negative test for SARS-CoV-2 virus infection
The following categories are exempted from the obligation to submit a negative test for SARS-CoV-2 virus infection upon entry into the territory of the Kingdom of Norway:
- Norwegian citizens and persons residing in the Kingdom of Norway;
- persons in transit;
- foreign nationals who regularly arrive in the Kingdom of Norway from the Kingdom of Sweden or the Republic of Finland for gainful employment or study, with the exception of medical staff who have stayed outside the Kingdom of Norway for more than 7 days;
- foreign nationals working in areas considered critical in Norway;
- asylum seekers and refugees;
- foreign citizens with a residence permit for a family member;
- diplomatic and consular staff accredited to the Kingdom of Norway;
- foreign nationals invited by the Norwegian authorities to participate in international negotiations and other foreign nationals who are part of delegations arriving in the Kingdom of Norway in accordance with international obligations;
- military personnel.
Mandatory 10-day quarantine
In addition to the obligation to submit a PCR or negative antigen-negative molecular test for SARS-CoV-2 infection upon entry into the Kingdom of Norway, carried out no later than 72 hours before arrival, all persons arriving from the red zone are obliged to carry out a quarantine period of 10 days.
If the persons concerned have not provided a quarantine location (residence in the Kingdom of Norway or a space provided by the employer / client for which they are employed in that State), they will quarantine at a hotel designated for this purpose.
The Norwegian authorities have informed that the obligation to make a quarantine at a hotel also applies to the family members of Norwegian citizens who arrive in that state for the purpose of visiting.
The MFA reiterates the recommendation addressed to the Romanian citizens to inform themselves thoroughly prior to travel abroad and to strictly comply with the measures taken in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic.