Romania has adopted the new rules for entering the country. Romania reduces quarantine for non-vaccinators and gives up the list of countries classified according to epidemiological risk!
Chief Raed Arafat presented the new measures taken by the National Committee for Emergency Situations regarding the rules for entering the country. According to Decision no. 6 of 31.01.2022, Romania shortens the quarantine period for unvaccinated persons to 5 days and renounces the list of countries classified according to epidemiological risk.
Other amendments brought by the new Decision no. 6:
- Establishment of a 5-day quarantine measure for people arriving in Romania who do not present the EU digital certificate on COVID-19 attesting to vaccination, passing through the disease in the last 180 days prior to entry into the country or negative RT-PCR testing for COVID-19 performed at most 72 hours before boarding / entry into Romania;
- Modification of the exceptions from the quarantine measure for certain categories of persons arriving on the territory of Romania;
- Establishment of a quarantine measure for a period of 5 days for direct contact of a person confirmed for SARS-CoV-2 virus infection;
- Exemption from quarantine for direct contact, if within 90 days of isolation following positive confirmation of SARS-CoV-2 virus;
- Repeal of HCNSU no. 2 from 07.01.2022.