Dubai International Airport (DXB) at 1 place for international passenger traffic (Video)
On 27 January 2015, Dubai Airports presented the passenger traffic report on 2014, which confirms that Dubai International Airport (DXB) has secured its position as the world leader in international passenger traffic.
According to this report, DXB was transited by 70 475 636 of passengers, an increase with 6.1% from 66 431 533 of passengers registered in 2013. In December, 2014 registered an increase of 7.5% compared to the similar period from 2013, from 6047126 to 6498573 of passengers.
In 2014, the number of aircraft movements (landings and take-offs) decreased by 3.4%, from 369 953 to 357 339. Despite this decrease, traffic increased because larger capacity aircraft were used, with the average number of passengers on the flight being 208.3, an increase of 5.1% compared to 2013. The break in aircraft traffic also contributed to the break of 80 days as the runway was being renovated, as well as the movement of cargo and passenger flights to Al Maktoum International Airport (IATA: DWC, ICAO: OMDW).
Throughout the year 2014, the main markets that led to the increase of international passenger traffic were: Western Europe with + 1192831 of passengers; India with + 936449 of passengers; Asia with + 716180 passengers and North America with + 432597 passengers. With regard to Eastern Europe, we do not have the exact number of passengers who passed through Dubai International Airport (DXB), but the increase was + 21%.
Figures for Dubai International (DXB) on 2014:
- International passenger traffic: 70.4 million
- total aircraft movements: 357 339
- tons of cargo handled: 2 367 573
- destinations served: 270
- airlines served: 140
- number of employees: 90 000
Top countries on 2014:
- India with 8 908 362 passengers
- UK with 5 381 909 passengers
- Saudi Arabia with 4 883 438 passengers
- Pakistan with 3 313 431 passengers
Top destinations on 2014:
- London with 2,626,357 passengers
- Doha with 2,355,959 passengers
- Kuwait with 1,942,479 passengers
- Mumbai with 1,939,116 passengers
- Jeddah with 1,699,061 passengers
An ordinary day at the busiest international airport in the world:
- about 193,000 of passengers in transit
- approximately 156,025 of handled luggage
- about 979 of take-offs and landings
Plans for 2015 are great. The Concourse D terminal will open, and international traffic is set at 90 for millions of passengers on Dubai International (DXB).
(Photo cover: Echim Andrei)