Airbus vs Boeing the Farnborough International Airshow 2016
During the period 11-17 July 2016, a new edition took place Farnborough International Airshow. It is one of the notable events of the aviation industry and from which the borders were not lacking - Airbus and Boeing.
Airbus vs Boeing the FIA2016
Following the event, the balances were announced. Both civilian and military aircraft manufacturers reported good figures.
Taking a look at the reported results, Airbus announced orders worth 35 billion, while Boeing reported orders worth 26.8 billion.
Regarding the number of aircraft ordered, Airbus announced orders and commitments for 279 of aircraft. Boeing reported orders and commitments for 182 of aircraft.
Among the most notable commitments and orders, we can mention here:
- Xiamen Airlines, commitment with Boeing for 30 of Boeing 737 MAX 200 aircraft;
- Donghai Airlines, Boeing commitment for 25 of Boeing 737 MAX 8 and 5 x 787-9 Dreamliner aircraft;
– Air Europa, firm order for 20 x 737 MAX 8;
– Norwegian ordered 30 from Airbus A321LR aircraft for transatlantic flights;
- Synergy, order for 62 of Airbus A320 family aircraft;
- AirAsia, major order for 100 of Airbus A321neo aircraft.