Airbus vs Boeing the Farnborough International Airshow 2016
During the period 11-17 July 2016, a new edition took place Farnborough International Airshow. It is one of the notable events of the aviation industry and which did not miss the giants - Airbus and Boeing.
Airbus vs Boeing the FIA2016
Following the event, the balances were announced. Both civilian and military aircraft manufacturers reported good figures.
Taking a look at the reported results, Airbus announced orders worth 35 billion, while Boeing reported orders worth 26.8 billion.
Regarding the number of aircraft ordered, Airbus announced orders and commitments for 279 of aircraft. Boeing reported orders and commitments for 182 of aircraft.
Among the most notable commitments and orders, we can mention here:
- Xiamen Airlines, commitment with Boeing for 30 Boeing 737 MAX 200 aircraft;
- Donghai Airlines, commitment with Boeing for 25 Boeing 737 MAX 8 and 5 x 787-9 Dreamliner aircraft;
- Air Europa, firm order for 20 x 737 MAX 8;
- Norwegian ordered 30 from Airbus A321LR aircraft for transatlantic flights;
- Synergy, control for 62 Airbus A320 aircraft;
- AirAsia, major order for 100 Airbus A321neo aircraft.