Ammonia poisoning on Berlin Tegel
On Saturday, over 35 people arrived at the hospital due to injuries at Berlin Tegel airport. No one was seriously injured. The incident began at 7 in the morning, when airport employees and passengers complained of grief and eye pain.
Authorities closed the main halls and terminal A of the airport. Dozens of qualified people intervened to investigate the situation and to detect the problem. As a result of the checks, it appears that the hygiene and cleaning products were used in the wrong quantities, more precisely a disinfectant, thus registering a high concentration of ammonia in the air.
Of the 53 affected persons, some were treated at the airport, and 38 were transported to the hospital for several hours of analysis. The airport was reopened after several hours the same day.