Amsterdam Schiphol was voted Europe's best airport in 2013
Amsterdam Schiphol Airport was voted, at the contest World Airport Awards, the best airport in Europe on 2013, thus marking the second consecutive year Schiphol receives this prestigious award. Schiphol also climbed to the top of the best airports in the world, thus ranking third.
Passengers were rewarded for the comfort and efficiency of the flights at the airport Schiphol from Amsterdam, mentioning, among other things, the self-service facilities through which the airport becomes easier to transit and more efficient. They also appreciated the excellent quality and the wide range of products that can be found in the commercial gallery of Schiphol Airport.
World Airport Awards, known in the tourism industry and as Passenger's Choice Awards, has been organized since 1999 and is considered a standard in measuring the quality of airports around the world. For the 2013 edition, Skytrax conducted a survey, polling more than 12 million travelers from over 100 countries, on the quality of a number of 395 airports around the world.
“We sincerely congratulate the Schiphol Airport in Amsterdam and its management for another successful year. The consistent performance, visible in both the relaxation and transit areas of the airport, indicates that Schiphol Airport is considered the best European hub. "
, said Edward Plaisted, Skytrax president.
Did you know that ...?
- The airport ranks 4 in the top of the busiest in Europe and 12 in the top of the busiest airports in the world.
- There are different interesting attractions, such as the first library in the world located in an airport, opened in 2010, for the enjoyment of the passionate readers, eager to have access to the 1200 books, in 29 different languages, on next to the free downloadable music. There is also a museum where passengers can spend their time before boarding.
- In 2011 it was inaugurated Airport Park - the green terminal at Schiphol Airport - Amsterdam
- A central mall connects the departure / arrival corridors, having over 100 shops.
- You can relax in a massage chair or visit the oxygen bar.