You buy from eMAG, Fashion Days, elefant.ro, Libris.ro through our affiliate links and help finance the airlinestravel.ro site. It doesn't cost you anything extra, but it helps us to develop this project.
Canceled or delayed flights? >>Claim compensation NOW<< for delayed or canceled flight and you can receive up to 600 € compensation!
Austria has set the rules for the winter season 2021-2022
To make a successful winter season possible, the Austrian federal government has created a three-level plan (scenarios), which also includes the general framework for winter season regulations. All agreed points are now included in the ordinance. This ordinance, which includes both regulations for the winter season and Rule 3G (vaccinated, cured, tested) for the workplace, is ready. Last week, the federal government voted on the legal framework, and then the ordinance could be forwarded to the Minister of Health.
Minister of Tourism - Elisabeth Köstinger
"In the ordinance all the rules appear as they were established by us four weeks ago. They are due to enter into force on 15 November and give operators the much-needed opportunity to organize their business safely. Your holiday in Austria will be beautiful and safe, that is the purpose of these rules. "
"Our motto is - Strict rules, safe winter - starting from this principle we left, when we created these rules for a successful winter season. And this is the decisive thing. Because tourism in the winter season is an essential factor for the economy, which adds value and creates jobs in our tourist regions. ”
"A questionnaire conducted by Österreich Werbung (Austria's National Tourist Office) shows that Austria can expect more than 17 million tourists in the winter season. We need to take advantage of this opportunity, but we can only do so if we continue to position ourselves as a safe holiday destination. If we follow the rules, we will succeed. ”
"Austria is still the number one ski destination! That is why it is important that cable transport installations in particular operate safely. 1% of these are open means of transport, with a low risk of infection. However, in order to further reduce the risks, additional measures will come into force. For example the introduction of the 85G rule (vaccinated, cured, tested) once the season starts and the evidence is verified when buying ski passes. ”
"And for Christmas fairs we have a practical solution, they do not need to be closed, instead there is the option to introduce a control system with bracelets. This way, the Christmas fairs will be able to make the last preparations. ”
Gastronomy and hotel units
- Scenario 1 has been in force since 15 September and Rule 3G (vaccinated, cured, tested) is already in force. But: the validity of the antigen test is shortened from 48 to 24 hours.
- Starting with scenario 2, antigen tests performed at home are no longer accepted in gastronomic and hotel units (a practice quite common in Austria so far).
- In scenario 3, no antigen test is accepted.
- To protect both employees and customers, "Safe Hospitality" test program will be extended. (1 PCR test / week for employees in the field).
Gastronomic units that operate at night and après-ski
- In general, the same rules apply to après-ski as to gastronomic units operating at night.
- In Scenario 1, which is now in place, clients must report a negative PCR result, proof of vaccination or disease.
- For gastronomic establishments operating at night and après-ski, starting with scenario 2, Rule 2 G enters into force (vaccinated clients and those who have passed through the disease have access - the test is eliminated).
- Local administrations they can now take stricter measures regarding closing hours or possible overtime breaks, in which units are closed.
Cable transport installations
- Scenarios 1-3: Wearing a mask FFP2 in closed or covered transport installations (gondolas, cable cars, covered chairlifts), as well as in the closed spaces of the stations.
- At the beginning of the winter season, on November 15, the 3G Rule enters into force (vaccinated, cured, tested):
- Proof of compliance with the 3G rule must be verified when purchasing the ski pass.
- In the case of ski passes for the whole season, the cards will be activated only during the validity of the 3G proof.
- If the ski passes for the entire season were purchased before the entry into force of this ordinance, they remain blocked, and in order to unlock them, proof of compliance with the 3 G rule must be verified.
- The obligation to check the above evidence should not be exaggerated and should remain reasonable. As unreasonable, it would be considered a control for each use of the cable car.
- Ski passes can also be distributed through third parties (for example through hotel operators in the case of flat-rate offers, which already contain a ski pass, ski instructors, etc.)
- The operator fulfills its obligations to assume responsibility if it is contractually ensured that a control regarding the compliance with the 3G rule will be carried out (the third party takes over the responsibility from the operator of cable transport installations).
- If the mandatory measures are not complied with by a cable operator, his right to operate will be revoked - on the basis of a circular issued by the highest authority of cable operators.
As can be seen, Austria has taken balanced, reasonable steps to have a safe winter season.