BIAS 2016 - Bucharest, 30 July 2016
The largest air show in Romania - Bucharest International Air Show & General Aviation Exhibition takes place on Saturday, 30 July 2016, on Bucharest International Airport Băneasa – Aurel Vlaicu and is organized by the National Airports Company Bucharest, Romanian Air Force, Romanian Air Force, ROMAERO, AIBO and ROMATSA Sports Club.
The eighth edition of the most impressive aviation show in Romania takes place under the high patronage of the Ministry of Transport, the Ministry of National Defense and the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Relations with the Business Environment. BIAS 2016 brings together 100 of civilian and military aircraft, in airborne evolutions and exposed to the public, but also over 250 of pilots and paratroopers.
BIAS 2016 will be an air force show and mathematical precision, in which the military and civil aviation axes from Romania, but also from Spain, Ukraine, Czech Republic, USA, Greece, Bulgaria, Austria, Lithuania will delight the spectators with amazing aerobatics and demonstrations. elite, but also with aircraft exposed to the ground.
Special guests this year are:
– Spanish Air Force - evolves with F-18 "Hornet", combat aircraft used for the entire spectrum of air operations. The public will also be able to admire an F-18 aircraft and a Construcciones Aeronauticas CN-235 transport aircraft, displayed on the Baneasa Airport platform.
– Ukrainian Air Force - evolves with Suhoi Su-27 ”Flanker”, a high performance combat aircraft, designed for imposing air superiority in conflict zones. Viewers will be able to see this aircraft not only in aerial evolution, but also exposed to the ground, at BIAS 2016. Ukrainian air forces will also expose an Antonov An-26 transport plane.
– Czech Air Force - evolves with Saab 39 Flu, modern multi-role fighter aircraft, used for all military air operations: ground attack, air strikes, reconnaissance, etc. The Czech Air Force is also evolving with L-159 ALCA, multi-role combat aircraft manufactured in the Czech Republic.
– US Air Force - participates with EYE "Eagle", American tactical combat aircraft, intended to penetrate enemy airspace, to achieve air superiority. The F-15 aircraft will be exposed in the ground display. Also, the United States Air Force exhibits on the platform of Baneasa Airport a Hercules C-130 Alabama National Guard.
– Greek Air Force - participates with Mirage 2000, French fighter aircraft, intended for air combat missions, ground attack, reconnaissance, etc. The Mirage 2000 aircraft will be exposed to the ground on Saturday at BIAS 2016.
– Bulgarian Air Forces - participates with Suhoi Su-25, famous jet plane, designed to provide air support for ground forces. The aircraft will be exposed to the ground.
At the BIAS 2016, the professionals of the elite of the Romanian Air Force also evolve, at the hands of the MIG 21 Lancer, IAR 99 Șoim, IAR 316 B, IAK 52, IAR 330 PUMA, C-130 Hercules and C-27 Spart. Viewers will also be able to watch the air police and air raid support exercises performed by the Romanian Air Force.
The air show is guaranteed by the presence of the Aces of the Romanian Air Club - Hawks of Romania, the Tricolor Eagles, The Pelicans, White Wings, along with the Blue Wings paratroopers.
The acrobatic flight artists, the Austrians from Flying Bulls, will evolve with two unique aircraft: F4U Corsair and B-25 Mitchell.
At the BIAS 2016, the Lithuanian pilot Jurgis Kairys, multiple world champion in aerobatics participates.
During the event, the famous Acrobatic Iacare evolves, unique for their aerial shows that include pyrotechnic effects, music and lights.
Also, at BIAS 2016, the public will be able to admire the exercises performed with skill and pilot safety of the national air transport company, TAROM.
Pilots and aircraft belonging to the aviation structures of the Ministry of Interior participate in the aviation show. The participants also include names consecrated from the Romanian aviation elite, from the Higher School of Civil Aviation.
Starting from Friday morning, the fourth edition of the General Aviation Exhibition, where aircraft manufacturers and owners, as well as general aviation service providers exhibit dozens of civilian aircraft, is open to the public at Baneasa Airport. from ultra-light aircraft to business jets.
BIAS 2016 ends on Saturday evening, when, starting with 22.00, Mircea Baniciu, Vlady Cnejevici & Teo Boar, as well as Nicu Alifantis, will perform two super-concerts on Băneasa Airport.
Public admission to BIAS is free. Public access is through ROMAERO. Parking is not guaranteed! We recommend using public transportation (RATB lines 112, 131, 148, 149, 205, 261, 301, 304, 335, 605, as well as the RATB express lines 780, 783).
11.07.2016 Update: 2016 BIAS Schedule!
Spanish Air Force: F-18 "Hornet";
Ukrainian Air Force: Suhoi Su-27 "Flanker";
Czech Air Force: SAAB 39 Gripen, L-159 ALCA, multi-role combat aircraft manufactured in the Czech Republic;
US Air Force: F-15 "Eagle", just exposed to the ground.
Greek Air Force: Mirage 2000, just exposed to the ground.
Bulgarian Air Force: Suhoi Su-25, just exposed to the ground.
The most anticipated air show of the year, Bucharest International Air Show (BIAS 2016), will take place on 30 July 2016. According to tradition, BIAS NOTHING will be held at “Aurel Vlaicu” Băneasa International Airport, Bucharest.
As we have been accustomed to in the last few years, from the BIAS 2016 there will be no shortage of the Romanian Airfield and Hawks of Romania, Jurgis Kairys and Acrobatic Hunts. But the main "actors" of this show have not yet been announced. We hope to bring them to your attention soon.
BIAS was held during this time of year, 21-22 July 2012 and July 27 2013. It will be very hot, but at least we hope for a sunny weather and a twilight story.
Read: #BIAS2015 - Dan Huber, A-10 Thunderbolt driver
Read: #BIAS2015 - About the first female pilot from the Turkish Stars
Read: #BIAS2015 - About Eurofighter Typhoon with Wing Commander James Heald
Read: #BIAS2015 - Ilyushin The 78 Pakistan Air Force at Baneasa Airport - Aurel Vlaicu / BBU
The news is being updated!