Calendar Formula 1 season 2022
congress International Motoring Federation (FIA) has validated the calendar for the 2022 season of the Formula 1 World Championship at its annual meeting in Paris on Wednesday.
The 2022 season will have 23 races, a record for Formula 1. The next season of Formula 1 will start on March 20, with the Bahrain Grand Prix, ending on November 20, in Abu Dhabi.
The Australian Grand Prix, the traditional race at the start of the season, which was canceled in 2020 and 2021 due to the coronavirus pandemic, will now be the third stage of 2022, after those in Bahrain and Saudi Arabia. The Canadian, Singapore and Japanese Grand Prix will return to the Australian Grand Prix next season.
Miami Grand Prix will make its Formula One debut, scheduled for May 1. However, the city of Florida will not replace the Austin Grand Prix of the United States, which will take place on October 8.
Calendar of the Formula 1 World Championship, 2022 edition:
- March 20: Bahrain Grand Prix (Sakhir)
- March 27: Grand Prix of Saudi Arabia (Jeddah)
- April 10: Australian Grand Prix (Melbourne)
- April 24: Grand Prix of Emilia-Romagna / Italy (Imola)
- May 8: Miami Grand Prix
- May 22: Spanish Grand Prix (Barcelona)
- May 29: Grand Prix of the Principality of Monaco (Monte Carlo)
- June 12: Azerbaijan Grand Prix (Baku)
- June 19: Canadian Grand Prix (Montreal)
- July 3: Great Britain Grand Prix (Silverstone)
- July 10: Austrian Grand Prix (Spielberg)
- July 24: Grand Prix of France (Le Castellet)
- July 31: Hungarian Grand Prix (Budapest)
- August 28: Belgian Grand Prix (Spa-Francorchamps)
- September 4: Dutch Grand Prix (Zandvoort)
- September 11: Italian Grand Prix (Monza)
- September 25: Russian Grand Prix (Sochi)
- October 2: Singapore Grand Prix (Singapore)
- October 9: Japanese Grand Prix (Suzuka)
- October 23: United States Grand Prix (Austin)
- October 30: Mexico Grand Prix (Mexico City)
- November 13: Brazilian Grand Prix (Sao Paulo)
- November 20: Abu Dhabi Grand Prix (Yas Marina)
Due to the pandemic conditions, China will not be included in the 2022 calendar. China will be reintroduced into the Formula 1 calendar as soon as conditions allow.
Formula 1 President and CEO Stefano Domenicali said: “We are excited to announce the Formula 1 2022 season calendar as we prepare to enter a new era for sports, with new regulations and cars for next year, which are designed to create more competitive races.