Travel conditions in the Netherlands: mandatory COVID-19 negative PCR test and negative rapid antigen test
CAREFUL! Quarantine (lockdown) between December 15, 2020 - March 15, 2021.
ENTRY RESTRICTIONS IN THE NETHERLANDS:
- All persons over the age of 13 who intend to travel by air, rail, sea or bus to the Kingdom of the Netherlands are required to submit a negative PCR molecular test for the detection of SARS infection. CoV-2.
The test for SARS-CoV-2 infection must meet the following criteria:
- be performed within the last 72 hours prior to arrival and be negative;
- be a PCR type molecular assay;
- be issued in one of the languages English, German, French, Spanish or Dutch;
- include the name and surname of the traveler, in accordance with the data in the passport;
- contain details of the laboratory that performed the test, as well as the date on which it was performed.
- As of January 23, 2021, in addition to the molecular PCR test for SARS-CoV-2 virus infection, persons arriving in the Kingdom of the Netherlands from risk areas (including Romania) by sea or air must and a rapid test (antigen or LAMP - loop-mediated isothermal amplification) performed a maximum of 4 hours before departure / embarkation. The measure also applies to passengers in transit. More information on the rapid test can be found here: https://www.rijksoverheid.nl/onderwerpen/coronavirus-covid-19/testen/tes….
Suspended flights from / to the Netherlands
Operators providing passenger services have the obligation to check whether passengers arriving by air or sea have the two tests for infection with the SARS-CoV-2 virus, their absence making it impossible to board.
- As of January 23, 2021, flights to the Kingdom of the Netherlands from the following states are suspended: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (including ferries), South Africa, Brazil, Argentina, Bolivia, Cape Verde, Chile, Colombia , Ecuador, French Guiana, Guyana, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay and Venezuela. For more information, it is recommended to contact the air operator.
Freight transport to and from the UK is still permitted. UK carriers boarding ferries must submit a rapid test no later than 24 hours prior to boarding.
At this time, upon arrival in the Kingdom of the Netherlands, persons moving from states in the red or orange zone (Romania is included in the orange zone) are strongly recommended to self-isolate for a period of 10 days from the entry into the territory of this state. . You can get out of isolation before the 10-day deadline, if a PCR test is performed on the fifth day and it is negative.
Romanian citizens who choose to travel from Romania to the Kingdom of the Netherlands
Romanian citizens who choose to travel from Romania to the Kingdom of the Netherlands by air, must submit the following documents: negative molecular test type PCR for SARS-CoV-2 infection, rapid test and the statement mentioned in point number 2.
Instead, Romanian citizens traveling from the United States to Romania, with airport transit through Amsterdam, must present all four documents mentioned above: negative molecular test type PCR for SARS-CoV-2 infection, rapid test, declaration on own responsibility and medical statement on one's own responsibility.