Travel conditions in Portugal: negative COVID-19 PCR test including for Romania
It is decreed State of Emergency throughout the national territory (according to Decree no. 21-A / 2021) until March 16 2021, Now 23:59.
Restrictions on entry into the national territory of Portugal.
Effective from 00:00 on March 02, 2021 and up to 23:59 on March 16, 2021:
I. Except for children up to 2 years of age, passengers of the flights listed below must prove, on boarding, that they have performed with up to 72 hours before boarding a molecular test (RT-PCR type) for the detection of SARS-CoV-2 infection, which is negative, without which they will not be able to board the aircraft.
This authorized air traffic to and from mainland Portugal of all flights:
- from and to the Member States of the European Union and from the States associated with the Schengen Area (Liechtenstein, Norway, Iceland and Switzerland), only essential journeys are recommended to and from the following countries:
You can fly between Romania and Portugal
- Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, France, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, ROMANIA, Sweden, Spain;
- Czech Republic, Slovakia, Slovenia, Estonia, Latvia (states with over 500 cases per 100.000 inhabitants in the last 14 days); Passengers in these countries are required to carry out, on arrival in Portugal, a period of isolation of 14 days, at home or in a place designated by the health authorities. Passengers who travel for essential journeys and whose stay in the national territory, as evidenced by the return ticket, does not exceed 48 hours are exempted from the measure of isolation, being obliged to limit their travels to those essential for the purpose for which they arrived in Portugal.
- from and to special administrative states and regions, in accordance with Council Recommendations (EU) 2020/912 of 30 June 2020 on air connections with Portugal and included in the following list: Australia, China ***, Republic of Korea, RAS Hong Kong ***, RAS Macao ***, New Zealand, Rwanda, Singapore, Thailand (***subject to confirmation of the principle of reciprocity), as well as the entry into Portugal of citizens residing in these States / Regions whenever they have only been in transit or international transfer at airports located in countries other than those listed.
- from and to countries that are not part of the European Union or that are not states associated with the Schengen Area, exclusively for essential travel.
They are considered essential trips in terms of Council Recommendation (EU) 2020/912 of 30 June 2020, with subsequent additions and amendments, those for the purpose of allowing the transit, entry or exit from Portugal of:
- citizens of the European Union, citizens of Schengen Associated States and their family members in accordance with Directive 2004/38 / EC of the European Parliament and of the EU Council, as well as third-country nationals legally residing in one of the EU Member States;
- third-country nationals traveling for business, study, family reunification, health or humanitarian reasons.
All commercial or private flights to and from the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and Brazil are suspended.
- Portuguese nationals or citizens of the European Union or Schengen Associated States, third-country nationals residing in Portugal and their family members, as well as diplomats accredited in Portugal, arriving from countries for which it is mandatory to present a PCR molecular test with negative result for SARS-CoV-2 virus infection and who embark without this test, will be instructed to perform the necessary test on arrival in Portugal, at the airport, at their own expense, not being allowed to leave the airport until the result is obtained, being considered a contravention. Third-country nationals not resident in Portugal who embark without a test will be refused entry into their national territory.
- Foreign nationals not resident in Portugal calling at a domestic airport must wait for connecting flights inside the airport.
- All commercial or private flights to and from the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and Brazil are suspended, with destination or departure from Portuguese airports or aerodromes. This suspension is without prejudice to humanitarian flights for the purpose of:
- Repatriation of Portuguese citizens, citizens of the European Union and citizens of Schengen Associated States and their family members, in accordance with Directive 2004/38 / EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 29.04.2004, as well as third-country nationals holding residence permits in Portugal.
- Repatriation of foreign nationals to mainland Portugal.
Passengers referred to in point (a) must cumulatively meet the following conditions:
- demonstrate that they performed a molecular test (RT-PCR type) within 72 hours prior to boarding to detect SARS-CoV-2 infection, with a negative result, except for children up to 2 years of age.
- after entering the national territory to enter prophylactic isolation, for a period of 14 days, at home or at another location determined by the health authorities, or to wait for the connecting flight to those countries in a location inside the airport.
- Mandatory control of body temperature by means of infrared thermometers of all passengers arriving on national territory is maintained. The relevant body temperature is equal to or higher than 38o C. Thus, any passenger whose temperature is equal to or higher than 38o C, will be immediately directed to the medical structures operating at the national airports, to repeat the temperature measurement and to perform a molecular test, if necessary.
- For entry into the Azores and Madeira archipelagos, authorities require molecular testing (PCR type) for SARS-CoV-2 infection (details below).
- The ban on disembarking passengers and crews of cruise ships in national ports is maintained, with the exception of Portuguese citizens and residents of Portugal.
BY LAND: Reintroduction of control at land and river borders
- Control is reintroduced at the internal Portuguese, land and river borders, in accordance with art. 6 / para.6 of Law 23/2007 of July 4, with subsequent amendments, and of article no. 28 of the Schengen Borders Code, approved by Regulation (EU 2016/399 of the European Parliament and of the Council) of 9 March 2016, as subsequently amended.
- Without prejudice to cooperation between the security forces and services, it is the responsibility of the Aliens and Border Service to implement these border control measures and the Republican National Guard to carry out checks at authorized checkpoints.
- Road traffic at the internal land border is prohibited, regardless of the type of vehicle, with the exception of international freight transport, the transport of cross-border workers and the movement of ambulance, release and emergency services vehicles.
- Rail traffic between Portugal and Spain is suspended, except for freight.
- River transport between Portugal and Spain is suspended.
- The limitations of the previous points are without prejudice to:
- The right of entry of Portuguese nationals and holders of residence permits in Portugal;
- The right of exit of persons resident in other states.
To apply, in the case of non-resident foreign nationals, the exceptions provided below:
- Travel for the purpose of carrying out professional activities or equivalent, properly documented, carried out within international activities.
- Travel for the purpose of leaving the mainland by Portuguese nationals residing in other States;
- Travel, on an exceptional basis, for the purpose of family reunification of spouses and family members up to the first degree;
- Travel by aircraft, craft or vehicles of the state or the armed forces;
- Travel for freight and courier;
- Travel for humanitarian or emergency medical purposes, as well as for access to health facilities, under the terms of bilateral agreements on health care provision;
- Technical scales for non-commercial purposes;
- Travel for the purpose of international carriage of goods, a transport of cross-border workers and seasonal workers, with a duly proven employment contract, the movement of ambulance vehicles, release vehicles and the emergency service;
- The movements of the holders of the sovereign bodies, when they are in the exercise of their function;
- Travels to the autonomous regions of the Azores and Madeira.
The following authorized border crossing points are declared:
- every day of the week:
- Valença-Viana do Castelo, exit to Ponte Tuy-Valença-connection IP 1-A 3, in Valença;
- Vila Verde da Raia-Chaves, exit of A 52, connection with A 24, km 0, at the roundabout;
- Quintanilha-Bragança, exit at Ponte Internacional IP 4 / E 82, exit junction Quintanilha or near the CCPA headquarters on N 218-1 Quintanilha;
- Vilar Formoso-Guarda near the border line, Largo da Fronteira, near CCPA, N 16 / E 80, link 620 Fuentes de oronoro, Spain, including access by TIR Parking, via truck, N 16, Vilar Formoso;
- Caia-Elvas, exit on A 6, km 158, Caia-Elvas connection near the tourist point, Elvas;
- Vila Verde de Ficalho-Beja near the border line, connection A 495 Rosal de la Frontera to IP 8, Serpa;
- Castro Marim-Praça da Fronteira, km 131 al A 22, Guadiana-Castro Marim International Bridge.
- on working days, between 6.00-20.00:
- Marvão-Portalegre, border line, Marvão, N 521 connection with Valencia de Alcântara at IC 13 Marvão;
- on working days, between 06.00-9.00 and 17.00-21.00:
- Monção, Avenida da Galiza, km 15.300, EN 101;
- Melgaço, Lugar do Peso, km 19,800, EN 202;
- Montalegre, Sendim - Montalegre, border line km 0, EN 103-9
- on working days, between 7.00-9.00 and 17.00-19.00:
- Miranda do Douro, km 86.990, EN 218;
- Termas de Monfortinho-Castelo Branco, junction N 239 with N 240 at Termas de Monfortinho;
- Mourão, S. Leonardo border point, km 7, EN 256 -1;
- Barrancos, EN 258, km 105.5, which connects with HU -91
- only on Wednesdays and Saturdays, between 10.00-12.00:
- Rio de Onor, border point Rua da Costa, rural road