Delayed plane? Flight canceled? >>Claim compensation now<< for the flight
delayed or canceled! You can get up to € 600!
New conditions for entry into Austria: PCR (maximum 72 hours) or antigen (maximum 48 hours) test for COVID-19 and 10-day isolation
Update March 11, 2021: People traveling to the Republic of Austria from countries at risk (including Romania) have the obligation to register online, no later than 72 hours in advance, by completing a document called "Pre-Travel- Clearance - PTC ”.
Upon entering the territory of Austria, passengers must present the registration confirmation from the online system, in electronic or printed format. Registration can be done at next web page.
The registration measure applies, including to cross-border commuters / workers.
Exceptions to the measure of electronic registration: professional carriers of goods, persons in transit, persons participating in family events that cannot be postponed (for example: funeral ceremonies).
In addition to electronic registration, the following measures shall apply upon entry into the Republic of Austria:
People traveling to Austria, including Romania, will be quarantined immediately after entering Austrian territory for a period of 10 days.
People traveling to Austria, including Romania, will be quarantined immediately after entering Austrian territory for a period of 10 days., at home or in a suitable location, the costs of which must be borne by the personal budget.
The quarantine measure may be suspended following the presentation of the negative result of a test for SARS-CoV-2 infection (PCR or antigen type), carried out no earlier than the 5th day after entry into Austria, the costs being borne. by the persons concerned.
In addition, from 10 February 2021, all persons must present, on entry into Austria, the negative result of a test for infection with SARS-CoV-2 virus, PCR type, not older than 72 hours, or antigen, not older than 48 hours.
If the test for SARS-CoV-2 virus infection (PCR or antigen) cannot be presented at the entrance, it must be performed within 24 hours of entering Austria. The document certifying the performance of the test must contain: the name and surname of the person tested, date of birth, date and time of sampling, test result (positive or negative), signature of the person performing the test, stamp of the test institution or barcode, respectively code QR.
The new measures on entry conditions also apply to tourists.
Exceptions to the quarantine measure:
- Persons traveling from Australia, Iceland, New Zealand, Norway, the Republic of Korea, Singapore and the Vatican are exempt from the quarantine measure and may present and provide supporting documents stating that they have been in the last 10 days. the territory of the respective states.
- People who are part of the following categories:
- humanitarian mission staff;
- members of the staff of diplomatic missions or their family members living in the same household; employees of international organizations or their family members living in the same household;
- care and medical staff;
- seasonal workers in agriculture, forestry or tourism;
- persons traveling for medical reasons and an accompanying person. It is necessary to present some medical, supporting documents, issued by a specialist doctor, attesting the medical appointment / intervention / control;
- persons arriving to meet a mandatory legal or administrative duty, such as filing summonses in legal proceedings;
I can enter Austrian territory if I have a PCR-type molecular test with a negative result for SARS-CoV-2 infection
Transit is allowed on a permanent basis, without stopping (overnight)
Transit is allowed on a permanent basis, without stopping (overnight stay), except for absolutely essential stops, of Romanian citizens on the territory of Austria to destinations in other states, without applying the quarantine measure or presenting a test for SARS-CoV-2 infection.
It is mandatory to present, at the request of the authorities, by all persons transiting Austria, the evidence attesting the exit from the Austrian territory and ensuring the entry into the state of destination (hotel / train / bus / plane reservations, supporting documents regarding domicile / residence / right of residence, own or family members, as the case may be: marriage certificates, etc., employment contracts, any other proof of the need to enter, for example a certificate of necessary medical treatment, studies, etc.).
From January 25, on Austrian Airlines flights it is mandatory to wear the FFP2 mask without valve.