Coronavirus: Emirates takes special measures and cancels flights to destinations affected by COVID-19
The COVID-19 pandemic is affecting the entire planet. Almost all the states of the world are facing the new Coronavirus. In an attempt to stop the spread of the virus, governments have come to make tough decisions, including closing borders.
Struck by these measures, the aeronautical industry is at an all-time low. Most airlines have curtailed the operational program, and some have even suspended all activities.
Even Emirates, one of the richest (if we can say so) airlines in the world, has taken special measures in accordance with the restrictions imposed by the governments of the countries to which it flies.
List of Emirates routes that have been canceled
- Algiers: March 18 - March 31
- Amman: March 17 - March 31
- Baghdad: March 17 - March 31
- Bangkok- Hong Kong: March 9 - April 30
- Barcelona: March 20 - March 31
- Basra: March 17 - March 31
- Beirut: March 17 - March 31
- Bologna: March 13 - April 03
- Cairo: March 19 - March 31
- White House: March 16 - March 31
- Dammam: of March 9 -
- Fort Lauderdale: March 13 - April 30
- Guangzhou: February 5 - April 30
- Istanbul (IST): March 17 - March 31
- Istanbul (SAW): March 17 - March 31
- Jeddah: of March 9 -
- Khartoum: March 18 - March 20
- Kuwait City: March 14 - March 31
- Larnaca: March 17 - April 30
- Madrid: March 18 - April 30
- Malta (via Larnaca): March 17 - April 30
- Mexico City (via Barcelona): March 20 - April 30
- Medina: from 9 March
- Milan: March 13 - April 30
- New York JFK - Milan: March 11 - April 12
- New York EWR - Athens: March 13 - April 12
- Peshawar: March 15 - March 31
- Port: March 17 - March 31
- Riyadh: March 9 - March 31
- Rome: March 14 - April 30
- Shanghai: March 5 - April 30
- Sialkot: March 15 - March 31
- Taipei: March 16 - April 30
- Tehran: from 26 February
- Tunis: March 18 - April 4
- Venice: March 12 - April 3
- Warsaw: March 15 - April 30
List updated on March 17, 2020!
Like the other airlines, Emirates has adopted a number of measures for affected passengers. They can reschedule the trip (with price difference if necessary); I can opt for bonuses; they can choose to travel to other destinations selected by Emirates (with difference) or request the return of the ticket value.
Emirates has announced that all affected passengers will be contacted or will be contacted based on the information they have entered into the reservation system. Those who have purchased through travel agencies are advised to turn to them to choose one of the options, according to Emirates policy.