Coronavirus: LOT Polish Airlines suspends flights until April 26
Update April 14, 2020: LOT Polish Airlines has decided to extend the flight suspension until April 26.
Update 25 March 2020: LOT Polish Airlines has decided to extend the sale of tickets until April 19.
Initial story: The Polish government has announced that it "closes the borders" for all foreigners who want to reach or transit Poland. Only Polish citizens will be able to enter Poland, but they will have to be quarantined for 14 days.
Following the decision of the Polish Government to suspend international air traffic, which was caused by the spread of COVID-19 coronavirus, LOT suspends all international flights for 10 days.
LOT Polish Airlines suspends all international flights
Between March 15 and March 25, LOT Polish Airlines suspends all flights from Poland and Hungary on international routes. At the same time, LOT also announces the adjustment of the operational program on internal routes.
All LOT flights between Poland and destinations in Romania will be suspended: Bucharest, Timișoara, Cluj.
At the same time, there are several routes with extended restrictions:
- Flights from Warsaw to Milan and Venice will continue to be suspended until April 3;
- Flights from Budapest to Seoul will continue to be suspended until April 8;
- Flights from Warsaw in Beijing will continue to be suspended until April 25;
- Flight frequency Warsaw - Tel Aviv will be reduced until April 24;
- Flights Warsaw / Budapest to London; of the Krakow in Bucharest; and from Warsaw to Zaporizhia will be suspended until April 24.
The launch of flights from Warsaw to Ostrava will be postponed until September 1st. At the same time, the frequency of domestic, medium and long-haul flights will be reduced until April 24.
All affected passengers will be contacted by the airline and will receive alternatives.