COVID-19 Daily - August 5, 2021: Romania entered the green list of England; Romania has updated the lists; Over 200 million infected people!
We continue to inform you about the evolution of the global pandemic. August 5 brought some important news for our country. Romania has entered the green list of England, and from August 8 you can travel without quarantine. On August 5, Romania updated the lists. Let's see the news of COVID-19 from August 5, 2021!
- Fully vaccinated tourists from England and Scotland can now travel to France without being quarantined on return. The UK has updated the lists, and France has now been moved to the orange list.
- Germany, Slovenia, Latvia, Slovakia, Austria, Norway and Romania have been added to the UK green list, which means that anyone, regardless of vaccination status, can now visit the UK without being quarantined. Even the British can travel to these countries without being quarantined on their return.
Romania has entered the green list of England
- Teenagers up to the age of 16 can now get vaccinated in the UK, but only vulnerable young people between 12 and 15 years old.
- The Rugby League World Cup has been postponed until 2022 after Australia and New Zealand withdrew from the tournament. The event was originally scheduled to take place in England between October 23 and November 27, but teams mentioned concerns about the evolution of the pandemic.
- German airline Lufthansa says it has halved its losses between April and June compared to the same period last year. In the second quarter, the largest group of airlines in Europe suffered a net loss of $ 890 million, down from $ 1,7 billion the previous year.
- Elderly and vulnerable people should receive the third dose of vaccine in France, according to French President Emmanuel Macron.
- More than 200 million COVID-19 cases have been reported worldwide since December 2019, according to data from Reuters and AFP. However, the actual number is expected to be much higher, as many cases are not reported.
- Russia reported 23 new cases and 120 deaths on August 794th. Since the pandemic began, 6 cases have been reported in the country and 379 people have died from the virus, according to the Russian government's working group.
- Romania has updated the list of countries with epidemiological risk. Iceland and France are on the red list; while Turkey and Montenegro climb the yellow list! Italy, Bulgaria and Germany remain on the green list.