Cyprus Airways plans to resume flights from Larnaca.
Cyprus Airways has expressed its intention to resume flights from the base in Larnaca. The operations started on the route Larnaca - Athens, on June 9. Then, from July, other European destinations will be added.
The Cypriot carrier is ready to resume operations by introducing several measures to ensure the health and safety of its passengers and employees. They are in accordance with the information and instructions of the local health authorities, the World Health Organization (WHO) and the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA).
Below are the routes that Cyprus Airways will fly from July 2020
- Larnaca - Athens from June 9 - 5 weekly flights A319 (one daily flight since June 22, 2020)
- Larnaca - Geneva of July 3, 2020 - 1 weekly flight A319
- Larnaca - Heraklion of July 2, 2020 - 2 weekly flights A319
- Larnaca - Rhodes of 10 July 2020 - 2 weekly flights A319
- Larnaca - Skitahos of 20 July 2020 - 2 weekly flights A319
- Larnaca - Tel Aviv of 2 July 2020 - 5 weekly flights A319
- Larnaca - Thessaloniki from 1 July 2020 - 3 weekly flights A319 (2 weekly flights A319 of 11 July 2020)
- Larnaca - Zurich of 5 July 2020 - 2 weekly flights A319
Cyprus has been identified as one of the safest countries during the COVID-19 pandemic. It has kept its infection rate at the lowest level compared to other European countries.