Cyprus updated the lists: Romania and Poland entered the green list; Japan entered the orange list; Croatia and Spain have entered the red list!
Delayed plane? Flight canceled? >>Claim compensation now<< for the flight
delayed or canceled! You can get up to € 600!
The Cypriot authorities have announced new updates to the list of countries affected by COVID-19, which entered into force on 14 June.
The authorities have established that those who will travel from Poland and Romania will be exempted from the testing and self-isolation requirements at the entrance to Cyprus, as the countries have been moved from the orange to the green category.
At the same time, all people traveling from Japan to Cyprus will now have to provide a negative Coronavirus test result when entering the country, as Japan has switched from the red to the orange list. The result of the negative test must not be older than 72 hours at the time of departure.
Instead, those traveling from Croatia and Spain are now required to take two COVID-19 tests, one before and one after arriving in Cyprus, as well as remain in quarantine, as countries have switched from the orange to the red list.
"The following classification of countries, based on the epidemiological risk assessment, is extremely dynamic and can change at any time as the pandemic evolves and epidemiological data change. For this reason, new data will be announced and the list of countries will be updated frequently", It is shown in the press release of the Government.
With the exception of Poland and Romania, which have recently been added to the list of countries at low risk of infection, green list already includes the following countries:
- Member States of the European Union: Malta (Poland and Romania added on June 14);
- Schengen countries: Iceland;
- Third countries: Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Arabia saudita, South Korea and Israel.
"It is noted that passengers coming from green countries are not required to hold a COVID-19 test certificate or to self-isolate.", The authorities underlined.
Orange list of countries representing territories with a moderate risk of COVID-19, with the exception of Japan, also includes:
- Member States of the European Union: Portugal, Ireland, Finland, Austria, Bulgaria, the Czech Republic, Hungary, Italy, Germany, Slovakia and Luxembourg;
- Schengen countries: Norway;
- Third countries: China, Great Britain and USA (Japan added on June 14).
Regarding red list of countries, with the exception of Croatia and Spain that moved yesterday, the list already includes:
- Member States of the European Union: Belgium, France, Greece, the Netherlands, Denmark, Slovenia, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and Sweden (Croatia and Spain added on 14 June);
- Microstats: Andorra, Monaco, the Vatican, and San Marino;
- Schengen countries: Switzerland and Liechtenstein;
- Third countries: Rwanda, Russia, United Arab Emirates, Ukraine, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Belarus, Qatar, Serbia, Thailand, Armenia, Georgia, Bahrain, Kuwait and Canada.
Countries not mentioned in any of the above categories are placed in the gray category. Travel from one of the gray countries is only allowed to Cypriot citizens and their family members, EU / EEA citizens and Swiss citizens.