Delayed plane? Flight canceled? >>Claim compensation now<< for the flight
delayed or canceled! You can get up to € 600!
FlyDubai and Wizz Air resume flights Bucharest - Dubai after May 20 and June 1, respectively (subject to approval)
It has been 2 months since Romania is in a state of emergency, with travel restrictions in the country and abroad. Two months since the flights to the red zone countries were suspended by military ordinances, and the airlines had to stop any commercial activity.
After May 14, Romania emerges from the state of emergency and will enter the state of alert, but we still do not know what this implies. Many of you who read us are asking about the resumption of flights. We are also waiting for clarifications on this chapter.
FlyDubai and Wizz Air resume flights Bucharest - Dubai
After May 15, there are great chances for some air operations to resume, but no one knows to which destinations and under what conditions. To the extent that we find out information about flights, we will publish them.
E.g, FlyDubai activated the route in the reservation system Dubai - Bucharest starting May 21. And Wizz Air has activated the route Bucharest - Dubai starting up from June 3. Also from June 3, Wizz Air has announced flights on the route Bucharest - Abu Dhabi.
The Consulate General of Romania in Dubai makes some clarifications regarding these flights and routes:
- Airlines Fly Dubai and Wizz Air they announced flights after May 20, June 1, respectively, to Bucharest and the reservations are open, at lower costs. These flights are subject to approval or cancellation, depending on the evolution of the COVID-19 pandemic and the number of passengers.
- Emirates and Etihad are already operating in Europe and you must follow the connections to Romania with Tarom, Wizz Air, Blue Air, depending on the lifting or extension of the air traffic restrictions in the red zone, after May 15.
- Information about the cancellation conditions, reimbursement can only be obtained from airlines.
- Flights are opened to identify the demand and assess whether, under the restrictive conditions of the pandemic, they can be approved or not. A minimum condition is the number of passengers. Therefore, the airlines consider that there is no guarantee of the number of passengers just by switching to a list, the ticket reservations being closer to a travel decision.
According to the Fly Dubai communication of 03.05, a special repatriation flight can only be evaluated if there are 170 interested and guaranteed people. And if the authorities approve the flight in the conditions of the evolution of the restrictions of the Covid-19 pandemic. As well as in view of the fact that there are airlines that announce direct out-bound commercial flights to Romania and Europe.
As the Consulate General of Romania in Dubai organized 4 repatriation flights of Romanian citizens, on April 4, April 10, April 21, April 28, there is no certainty for organizing another repatriation flight. As mentioned above, a mandatory condition is the minimum number of passengers.
* AirlinesTravel is not responsible for operational changes, flights or airline tickets.