FlyDubai will resume flights to the Maldives starting with October 27, 2020. Romanians can travel to the Maldives via Dubai.
FlyDubai announced the resumption of flights to Male (Maldives) starting with October 27, 2020. The low-cost carrier FlyDubai also flew on the route Dubai - Male between 2013-2018.
The Maldives has opened its borders to foreign tourists and is one of the few exotic destinations open during the COVID-19 pandemic. Due to market demand, FlyDubai decided to resume flights on the route Dubai - Male.
There will be 4 weekly flights, on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays. With the opening of this route, the FlyDubai network will grow to 40 destinations in Africa, Central Asia, Europe, the Subcontinental India and the Middle East.
Dubai - Male flight schedule with FlyDubai
FZ 1569 Dubai 10:35 - 15:50 Male
FZ 1570 Male 23:30 – 03:10+1 Dubai
Passengers who book flydubai for travel between September 01 and November 30, 2020, will automatically receive free global insurance for COVID-19. The new service covers passengers' health costs and quarantine costs following diagnosis with COVID-19 during their journey.
According to the COVID-19 guidelines on safe and hygienic tourism, which have been issued by the Maldives Ministry of Tourism, all 156 resorts will have to take protection measures for tourists and staff working in industry.
Romanians can travel to the Maldives
Thus, from October 27, Romanians will be able to travel to the Maldives via Dubai with FlyDubai. From 10 September 2020, all persons traveling to the Maldives must take a negative test for COVID-19. The test must be molecular type (RT-PCR), translated into English and performed no more than 72 hours before boarding.
Recommendations for those traveling between Romania and the Maldives
Romanian citizens traveling to the Maldives are advised to comply with the public health and safety rules imposed by the Health Protection Agency (Health Protection Agency) from the Maldives.
Recommendations on the behavior of tourists in resorts:
- Perform an RT-PCR molecular test no later than 72 hours before boarding and translate it into English;
- Wear masks indoors and where physical distance is not possible;
- Maintain hand hygiene;
- Maintain physical distance at all times;
- It is recommended to use the "TraceEkee" application;
- It is recommended that tourists check their temperature once a day. A non-contact thermometer (eg infrared thermometer) will be provided in each guest room.
- Tourists who have a fever or respiratory symptoms, such as coughing or difficulty breathing, should isolate themselves in their room and inform the resort administration. (more information on MAE website)
*The route and flight schedule are set by the airline in accordance with the laws and restrictions imposed by the authorities.
** The AirlinesTravel website is not responsible for operational changes, flights or airline tickets.