In-flight entertainment options!
In recent years, more and more airlines have implemented various in-flight entertainment services to offer passengers a pleasant and relaxing experience during flights. Entertainment options have developed significantly, so that passengers now have the opportunity to choose different games, movies, series and even live shows.
These options may vary depending on airlines, aircraft type, flight duration or routes. Currently, not all companies have these options available to passengers. And others offer services and entertainment options only on certain routes or depending on the type of aircraft used on the flight.
From a technical point of view, the implementation of these in-flight entertainment options requires special equipment. Some companies have adopted closed-loop systems that offer limited options. Other companies have chosen to introduce internet-connected systems that can connect to global streaming platforms.
Among the most common entertainment options, we find:
- Movies – Most airlines offer a selection of movies, including the latest Hollywood releases, classic movies, international movies and many other genres for different preferences. These movies are usually available on screens behind the seats or can be accessed directly on your own gadgets.
- TV Series – Passengers can watch the most popular TV series. Airlines can provide passengers with episodes from different genres such as drama, comedy, documentaries and reality shows.
- Music – Entertainment systems can often include a variety of music options, allowing passengers to listen to different music genres, playlists or even special collections based on individual preferences.
- Games – Airlines can offer a wide selection of games to keep passengers occupied during the flight. These can range from simple games such as puzzle, solitaire, classic arcade games to more complex options, accessible on the screens behind the seats or on personal devices. There are entertainment systems that even offer games to passengers casino. In the case of iGaming games, the situation is more complicated because it has to do with legislation, the airline, but also technical challenges, etc. They must be practiced in real time, which requires a stable Internet connection, and for this the aircraft should always be permanently connected to an Internet service provider. But in flight such services are more complicated to provide, but not impossible. But pay close attention to airline rules and legislation regarding gambling and casino games.
- Books and podcasts – Some entertainment systems have included audio books and podcasts for passengers who prefer to listen to literature or interesting content.
- Magazines and Newspapers – In addition to digital entertainment options, airlines can still offer traditional magazines and newspapers, covering a wide range of topics from travel and lifestyle to breaking news.
- Children's content – Airlines often cater to younger passengers by offering children's movies, TV shows, games and interactive content suitable for different age groups.
Many of these entertainment options can be accessed through the airline's onboard system. Most of the airlines, which have long and very long flights, have modernized and adapted the interior of the planes to offer passengers more comfort, relaxation, but also to introduce multimedia systems. As a rule, passengers can access multimedia content on the screens located on the backs of the seats in front of them, but they can also choose to watch their favorite shows and movies on their own gadgets.
Broadcasts and sports competitions broadcast live on the plane
Beyond the shows, movies, music and games preset in the entertainment system, there were special times when airlines were able to broadcast various sports competitions live on board the planes, such as Formula 1 races, football matches and even live shows and concerts.
In addition to entertainment systems and dedicated content, airlines also provide passengers with high-speed internet so that they can access various websites and applications during the flight.
Many passengers appreciate the efforts of airlines to provide them with technology and dedicated entertainment platforms, but some choose to use their own gadgets and Wi-Fi internet in airplanes to solve different tasks at work or to access your favorite music or other type of content that is not found in the airline operators' systems.
At the same time, more and more airlines have chosen to invest more in Wi-Fi internet and high-speed connections at the expense of dedicated entertainment systems. And this should not surprise us if in the near future we will no longer see dedicated screens in the headrests of the seats.
Activities without gadgets
Beyond gadgets and multimedia content, on board airplanes people can relax and entertain themselves in other, less digitized ways. For example, they can choose to use card games, play with people nearby, indulge in a glass of wine and a good book, or turn to creative ideas, etc.
As well, they can practice various other activities, such as drawing, painting or even working on different hand made objects. They are all meant to keep people busy and make them feel like the flight goes by faster.
Movement and exercise on the plane
Taking into account that sometimes we are talking about very long flights, which can reach 15-20 hours without a stopover, passengers are advised to exercise on the plane or to practice different physical exercises aimed at keeping the body trained and blood circulation at normal levels.
The fact that passengers spend a lot of hours in the sitting position, they are prone to various health problems of minimal or medium intensity. In conclusion, a flight of several hours should no longer be perceived as a burden. Some passengers panic before flights, but with so many entertainment and relaxation options, they can rest easy. They won't even feel it when they reach their destination. Travel safe!