Pubs, restaurants, non-essential shops and barbershops are reopening in the UK
Delayed plane? Flight canceled? >>Claim compensation now<< for the flight
delayed or canceled! You can get up to € 600!
After four months of bans and restrictions, the UK is starting to relax. Starting today, April 12, pubs and restaurants will be reopened only outside, non-essential shops, barbershops and personal care salons. However, many restrictions remain in place. The British authorities urge caution. It is recommended to work from home and limit travel.
From today, the British can meet with friends, but rule 6 will be kept. In other words, they will be able to meet in a group of up to 6 people regardless of the number of households (children of all ages are up to the limit of 6 people).
Thus, starting with April 12, the following can be reopened:
- non-essential retail can reopen;
- personal care services, such as nail salons, may be reopened, including those provided from a mobile setting;
- community libraries and centers may reopen;
- restaurants and pubs can open their outdoor terraces, but only with table service;
- most outdoor attractions, including zoos, theme parks and drive-in shows (such as cinemas and concerts) can reopen;
- some smaller outdoor events may take place, such as fairs;
- indoor sports and leisure facilities may be reopened for individual exercises;
- weddings, civil partnership ceremonies and other commemorative events can take place with the participation of up to 15 people (anyone working for their organization is not included in this limit), including in indoor places that are allowed to open or where an exemption applies.
Physical distance is still very important. It is recommended to keep a distance of 2 meters or 1 meter if additional protective measures are taken, for example wearing a mask on the nose and mouth. The British are instructed to follow the instructions on how to stop the spread of coronavirus, including if they have been vaccinated against COVID-19.
In enclosed spaces, such as means of transport, places of worship, shops, it is recommended to wear a mask. If the pandemic will evolve favorably, from May 17 it will be possible to open pubs and restaurants inside.