People from aviation: Smaranda interview Ioana Dragomir, after 2 years
In 2017, I published a beautiful one interview with Smaranda Ioana Dragomir - first officer (copilot). Smaranda has grown with Airlinestravel.ro. We know it since the pilot school started and we have watched it constantly. Today, Smaranda delights us with beautiful pictures taken beyond the clouds in the cockpit.
It's been 2 years since the interview and I thought it was time to see what Smaranda did. We know that it flew a lot and was relocated to different bases and airports, depending on the airline's contracts. But you'll find more in the mini-interview below.
Smaranda interview Ioana Dragomir
- Hi, Smaranda! What have you done in the last 2 years since our last discussion and how has your career path evolved?
● Given that our first interview was in 2017, things have evolved quite a lot since then. At the time, I was at the Blue Air base in Iasi, where I flew for about 1,3 years. In Iasi I started to accumulate experience in the field. We had few flights, but we went through different situations. It was an intense period in Iasi. I have had beautiful and experienced colleagues of different nationalities and cultures. I flew with commanders and instructors from whom I learned a lot in a relatively short time. In this area, every day of flight you learn something from the different situations that you are experiencing. Towards the end of 2018, when I was still in Iasi and preparing to transfer to Bucharest, the professional road took me to Warsaw from where I flew for LOT.
- I know you flew for LOT, Montenegro Airlines and Azores Airlines. And I know you had flights with a completely female crew. How were these experiences for you, your crew, your passengers?
● I have been to Warsaw 3 times, not for long periods of time. I flew with Blue Air and it was a time when I operated LOT flights with Blue Air aircraft and crew. Then followed the period in the Azores - Ponta Delgada Islands, with flights for Azores Airlines. I was a fixed crew of Blue Air, along with Commander Borzea Vlad. I flew to Lisbon and Frankfurt. It was a new experience for me and with new procedures, but Azores is an absolutely fabulous destination. And in 2019 I was relocated to Potgorica for Montenegro Airlines. Here I formed a completely female crew, and in the cockpit I flew with Commander Preda Cristina. It was a
Great experience for us and our CRM worked great. On this occasion, I want to thank him once again for the confidence he had in me on each flight and, above all, for knowing how to make me trust myself in different situations. Every contract was different in its own way. Then another beautiful experience followed, at the end of 2019, when I took one of the Blue Air aircraft to the United States. It was an opportunity not to be denied. I flew with Commander Vlad Borzea to Tucson, Arizona, at the helm of the 737-800 YR-BMD. Alongside us was a representative from the technician.
- We can say that they were 2 years intense, with many flights, unique experiences and unique moments. What are your future plans?
● So far I have counted over 2.500 hours of flight and I am very happy because I am part of a team of professional, beautiful, experienced people. My plans for the future have remained the same. Accumulate the hours needed to make the step to the left seat. I want to become an aircraft commander, but I definitely have a lot to learn.
It was a brief discussion. We thank Smaranda for sharing with us the pilot experience. I hope the story of Smaranda inspires you, encourages you and you get on the plane.