Social Media & Mobile Strategies for Travel Industry Conference - Bucharest 2013
2013 announces an interesting year for the tourism industry in Romania. More and more tourism companies are starting to develop new communication and marketing strategies for the 2.0 web. It was also the case for travel agencies and operators to start online communication. Events dedicated to the travel industry began to appear. One of these is Social Media & Mobile Strategies for Travel Industry Conference, event developed and organized by Alex Philip and Eventur.ro.
Social Media & Mobile Strategies for Travel Industry is a first for the event market in Romania. The concept has already been validated in America and other European countries, and in 2013 the turn of the Romanian tourism business has arrived to discover the latest technologies and marketing strategies.
The event also has some target topics:
- How can social media fundamentally change the behavior of a tourist and how it can be used by a smartphone during a trip.
- How customers interact with tourism brands through social networks.
- What is ROI (return of investment) in social media and which are the latest and most effective measuring tools.
- What are the opportunities for a brand to build customer loyalty and how it can increase sales through social media and a smartphone application.
- How can blogs become powerful vectors of brand promotion (within the company, in relation with their employees or with customers).
- What are the latest trends in the use of gadgets, technologies and applications.
It will be a one-day event and will include 3 presentation sessions. The conference is addressed in particular to managers, coordinators and consultants in the marketing departments of travel agencies, hotel chains and airlines, as well as developers of technologies and applications for smartphones and tablets.
Guest speakers are people with extensive online experience and remember here Monica Jitariuc (Managing Director The Practice), Cristina Bazavan (Journalist), Mugur Patrascu (Head of iLeo), Carmen Pavel (President J'Info Tours).
I will be present at the event and will be one of the 10 official bloggers. I hope to come back with useful and practical information, to keep you updated with everything discussed in the Social Media & Mobile Strategies for Travel Industry Conference 2013.