TAROM is looking for a GSA in India
There are rumors in the market about a possible TAROM flight to India. At the end of May, the Minister of Transport launched the idea of a Bucharest - New Delhi route.
Yes, the title is very interesting. Is this the step towards a direct route to India? By the end of May, The Minister of Transport launches the idea of the Bucharest - New Delhi route, which could be operated by TAROM with Boeing 737-800NG aircraft.
Theoretically, the new 737-800NG aircraft would have autonomy to fly to India, but the route approved in the functions of the airspaces transited is very important. We remind you that a Boeing 737-800NB can fly up to 5400 kilometers.
TAROM is looking for General Sales Agent in India
Returning to Tilom, TAROM is looking for a GSA in India. Specifically, a General Sales Agent (GSA) representing TAROM on the Indian market. The list of tasks is long, but among the tasks desired by TAROM, we also found the key point: "Promotion and sale of air transport documents on TAROM flights". Is it the direct flights between Romania and India?
Below you will find a list of all GSA tasks in India.
- Representation of TAROM on the Indian market;
- Promotion and sale of air transport documents on TAROM flights;
- Ensuring an adequate space in the offices of the provider allocated exclusively to the activities performed for the benefit of TAROM Company;
- Booking of seats for passengers and carrying out related activities;
- Selection and designation of sub-agents on the territory of India. The GSA will be directly responsible for the activity performed by these subagents regarding the sale of transport documents, the settlement of their value and the application by the subagents of the rules regarding tariffs and IATA Resolutions;
- Supervision and training of the own personnel and of the agents accredited in the GSA territory as well as the settlement of the sales made on the stock of transport documents of the TAROM Company;
- The distribution and display of the TAROM flight program as well as the advertising materials provided by TAROM Companies;
- Organizing the promotion of TAROM's products, according to a plan and a budget approved by the parties, with the expenses incurred by the GSA;
- Take any measures to increase the reputation of TAROM Company on the territory of GSA in relations with governmental authorities, official and unofficial organizations, the press, the public and any other persons;
- Transmission to TAROM Company quarterly and / or on request of an activity report, market conditions, statistics as well as local regulations applicable on the activities stipulated in the GSA contract;
- Completion and transmission according to the legal terms of the documents mentioned in the local, international and in the regulations applicable on the market of TAROM Company. Upon request, GSA will make available to TAROM Company any additional documents required;
- Representation and assistance of TAROM Company, upon request, in its relationship with government authorities, other local authorities, official persons, offices and agencies including IATA agencies, which activate or control the territory of GSA. The ones mentioned in this paragraph refer to including the representation and assistance in the case of airport operations, obtaining flight and landing authorizations, airport slots, transmission of documents to the aeronautical authorities, etc ,;
- Activation as the main interface of TAROM in relation to BSP India, with reference to all administrative aspects related to the presence of TAROM in BSP India (eg TAROM's relationship with IATA agents, including, if necessary, signing of "Airline Agency Agreement" contracts with IATA agents requesting "Ticketing Authority");
- Allocation of "Ticketing Authority" to IATA agents designated by TAROM in BSP India;
- Issuing and / or re-issuing TAROM transport documents in all offices available, including at the airport (if any), respectively: air tickets for passenger transport, excess baggage, EMDs and any other document related to air transport. In case these documents have been issued incorrectly or are missing, as a result of the GSA's inability to provide the necessary information, the GSA will be responsible for covering the entire damage;
- Keeping statistics and records related to the documents received, sold and accounted for;
- The payment of invoices on behalf of TAROM upon request and with the authorization received from the TAROM Financial Directorate.
Details about Direct purchase - GSA India
Offers should be submitted by October 22 2018. The GSA with the lowest level of the commission requested will be chosen, subject to all conditions. We look forward to the next strategic moves of TAROM.
Thank you, Octavian Barbur for the tip!