TOP 10 busiest airports in Europe, by the number of passengers in 2021!
As every year, we make TOP 10 the busiest airports in Europe, by the number of passengers in 2021! Europe's major airports have reported increasing passenger air traffic in 2021 compared to 2020, but well below what 2019 meant in numbers.
TOP 10 busiest airports in Europe
- Istanbul International Airport - 36.9 million passengers
- Moscow Sheremetyevo International Airport - 30.9 million passengers
- Paris-Charles de Gaulle Airport - 26.2 million passengers
- Amsterdam Schiphol Airport - 25.5 million passengers
- Moscow Domodedovo International Airport - 25 million passengers
- Sabiha Gökçen International Airport - 24.99 million passengers
- Frankfurt International Airport - 24.8 million passengers
- Madrid-Barajas International Airport - 24.1 million passengers
- Antalya International Airport - 21.3 million passengers
- London Heathrow International Airport - 19.3 million passengers
As can be seen, major airports in Europe have reported a higher number of passengers by 2021, but they still have much to recover from pre-COVID passenger air traffic. According to an ICAO report, In 2021, about 2.3 billion passengers traveled globally, about 50% lower than in 2019 when there were 4.5 billion passengers.
Passenger air traffic to / from Romania is also increasing. TOP 10 regional airports in Romania after passenger air traffic recorded in 2021. Bucharest Henri Coanda International Airport in 2021: 6 passengers!