Delayed plane? Flight canceled? >>Claim compensation now<< for the flight
delayed or canceled! You can get up to € 600!
TOP 15 longest flight (after distance) / Dubai - Auckland with Emirates (14193km)
What are the longest flights in the world? A question that we encounter more and more frequently. In January 2015, I wrote about TOP 10 longest flights by plane. I think it's time to update their list.
Here that the year 2016 comes with new changes in the ranking of long and very long flights. Following its inauguration on March 1, 2016, the Dubai-Auckland route has become the longest in the world. On the Auckland - Dubai segment, the distance of 14193km is covered in 17 hours and 15 minutes, without stopping. The route is operated by Boeing 777-200LR aircraft.
Those from OAG (Air Travel Intelligence) have contributed considerably to the realization of this ranking. Below you have top 15 longest flights by plane (by distance).
1. Dubai - Auckland / Emirates / 14193 Km / Boeing 777-200LR / 17 hours and 15 minutes
2. Dallas / Fort Worth - Sydney / Qantas / 13802 Km / Airbus A380-800 / 16 hours and 55 minutes
3. Atlanta - Johannesburg / Delta Air Lines / 13573 Km / Boeing 777-200LR / 16 hours and 57 minutes
4. Los Angeles - Abu Dhabi / Etihad Airways / 13478 Km / Boeing 777-200LR / 16 hours and 40 minutes
5. Los Angeles - Dubai / Emirates / 13395 Km / Airbus A380-800 / 16 hours and 20 minutes
6. Los Angeles - Jeddah / Saudi Arabia / 13385 Km / Boeing 777-300ER / 16 hours and 40 minutes
7. Los Angeles - Doha / Qatar Airways / 13341 Km / Boeing 777-200LR / 16 hours and 25 minutes
8. Houston Bush Intercontinental - Dubai / Emirates / 13118 Km / Boeing 777-300ER / 16 hours and 45 minutes
9. San Francisco - Abu Dhabi / Etihad Airways / 13103 Km / Boeing 777-300ER / 16 hours and 15 minutes
10. Dallas / Fort Worth - Hong Kong / American Airlines / 13049 Km / Boeing 777-300ER / 17 hours and 5 minutes
11. San Francisco - Dubai / Emirates / 13013 Km / Airbus A380-800 / 16 hours and 15 minutes
12. Dallas / Fort Worth - Abu Dhabi / Etihad Airways / 12965 Km / Boeing 777-200LR / 16 hours and 45 minutes
13. New York JFK - Hong Kong / Cathay Pacific / 12965 Km / Boeing 777-300ER / 16 hours and 10 minutes
14. Newark - Hong Kong / United Airlines / 12955 Km / Boeing 777-200 / 16 hours and 10 minutes
15. Doha - Houston Bush Intercontinental / Qatar Airways / 12925 Km / Boeing 777-300ER / 16 hours and 35 minutes
As you can see, 12 very long routes are operated by Boeing 777-200LR / 300ER aircraft. Airbus 380 claims only 3 very long routes.
On how many routes, of the ones mentioned above, did you fly and what was the experience?