2015 passenger traffic: Top 5 airlines
As I informed you in a previous article, IATA has reported 3.6 billion passengers carried in 2015. There was an overall increase of 7.2% compared to 2014.
Top 5 airlines
Although the North America region reports a market share of 24.8%, and growth on 2015 was only 5.2%, US airlines settled on the airline podium with most passengers transported.
TOP 5 airlines by number of passengers carried:
1. American Airlines - 146.5 million passengers carried
2. Southwest Airlines - 144.6 million passengers carried
3. Delta Air Lines - 138.8 million passengers carried
4. China Southern Airlines - 109.3 million passengers carried
5. Ryanair - 101.4 million passengers carried
As we can see, the top 3 airlines by passenger number is from the United States, one from China and one from Europe. Is it a surprise to see in this top 2 low cost companies?