Delayed plane? Flight canceled? >>Claim compensation now<< for the flight
delayed or canceled! You can get up to € 600!
Travel conditions in Slovakia: presentation of a negative RT-PCR test for SARS-CoV-2
EMERGENCY SITUATION: YES, in force since 1 October 2020, being extended until March 19, 2021.
In the context of the measures taken by the Czech Republic, Czech police checks were set up at the border points with Slovakia. The waiting time for entry into the territory of the Czech Republic from Slovakia could be affected by controls at the common Czech-Slovak border.
Three border crossing points over the Morava River are closed between Slovakia and Austria, between: Zahorska Ves and Ansrn an der March; Devinska Nová Ves and Hof Castle (Freedom Bridge, for cyclists); Devin and Hainburg.
Starting with February 17, 2021, at 06:00, the "green" list is abrogated
Starting with February 17, 2021, at 06:00, the "green" list is repealed, as well as the possibility to cross the borders of the Republic of Slovakia based on a molecular test type RT-PCR with negative result for SARS-CoV-2 virus infection. , performed a maximum of 72 hours prior to arrival.
Thus, from 17 February 2021, all persons entering the territory of Slovakia, with the exception of cross-border workers / inhabitants from the neighboring states of Slovakia, under certain conditions, are subject to the self-isolation measure for 14 days. In addition, persons arriving in Slovakia must comply with the following mandatory conditions:
- to register on the website: http://korona.gov.sk/ehranica, at the latest on entry into the territory of the Slovak Republic and present, at the request of the authorities, proof of registration;
- if arriving by air, you must complete an electronic flight form, before or at the time of arrival, which is available on the website: https://www.mindop.sk/covid/.
The self-isolation measure is carried out either at home, together with all the people in the same home, or in a facility arranged by the local authorities, being necessary to notify the family doctor or the relevant regional health authority. The self-isolation measure ends if the result of the RT-PCR molecular test, performed at the earliest on the eighth isolation day, is negative.
Isolation can be completed on the 8th day if tested or on the 14th day without a test
Persons who traveled 14 days before entering Slovakia, exclusively in the EU Member States, Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein, the Swiss Confederation and the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, they have the obligation to isolate themselves until a molecular test type RT-PCR is performed, at the earliest on the 8th day of isolation (the cost of testing being borne by the Slovak authorities).
If the person chooses not to perform the test for SARS-CoV-2 virus infection or is asymptomatic, the isolation measure ends on the 14th day. Children up to the age of 10 are not required to be tested for SARS-CoV-2 infection, and the isolation measure will end at the same time for all people in the common home.
Persons who have traveled to countries other than those mentioned above, 14 days before entering the territory of Slovakia, have the obligation to enter self-isolation, to perform a molecular test type RT-PCR for SARS-CoV-2 infection, the earlier in the 8th day of isolation. The isolation measure is completed only if the test performed in Slovakia is negative, the test being mandatory.
People who live or work in the EU Member States, Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein, the Swiss Confederation and the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and who have recently been cured of SARS-CoV-2 virus infection or vaccinated for COVID-19 and who have their domicile or temporary residence in Slovakia, must comply with the following measures upon return to Slovakia:
- to register via the website: http://korona.gov.sk/ehranica at the latest on entry into the territory of the Slovak Republic and present, at the request of the authorities, proof of registration;
- present proof of work or residence abroad or confirmation of the doctor that the person is cured of COVID-19 or confirmation of the second dose of COVID-19 vaccine, at least 14 days in advance;
- to own a negative result of an RT-PCR test not older than 72 hours or of a antigen test not older than 48 hours;
- to be self-isolate 14 days, until an RT-PCR test is performed, at the earliest on the 8th day of isolation, at the expense of the Slovak state or, if asymptomatic, may end the isolation after 14 days;
- if the person wants to end the isolation period earlier than the 8th day, he will have to perform an RT-PCR test at his own expense, and if the result is negative, he can get out of self-isolation (quarantine).
Self-containment measures do NOT apply to cargo crews
If persons who have been vaccinated against COVID-19 or who have recently recovered from SARS-CoV-2 virus infection who are domiciled or temporarily resident in Slovakia, have visited countries other than EU Member States, Iceland , Norway, Liechtenstein, Switzerland or the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, are required to perform the SARS-CoV-2 virus test to get out of self-isolation (quarantine).
Self-isolation measures NU applies cargo crews, paramedics, funeral service workers, critical infrastructure, people who need treatment or diagnosis etc., with the use of specific protective equipment and maintaining hygienic conditions.
More information on travel and transit conditions in Slovakia!