Wizz Air carried 15.8 million passengers - statistics for 2014
Wizz Air announced today that it has carried 15,8 million passengers on 2014, an increase of 17% over the previous year.
At the end of 2014, the company operates flights to 106 destinations from 37 countries, on a total of 355 routes. The Wizz Air fleet is composed of 54 Airbus A320 aircraft, which serve 18 operational bases in 10 countries in Central and Eastern Europe. Operations at the base in Tuzla, Bosnia and Herzegovina will start in June 2015.
József Váradi, Chief Executive Officer of Wizz Air, said:
“2014 was a very good new year for Wizz Air, marked by the network development in several countries and destinations on more routes than ever. We transported 2,3 millions more passengers than last year. We intend to continue to grow as the fleet and network expand steadily in 2015 to offer more low fares to more passengers in Central and Eastern Europe. We are proud that we can contribute to the economic development of our markets and to the creation of new job opportunities directly and indirectly, as a result of our growth. ”
We still do not have the data on Romania, but Wizz Air continued to develop a lot on the local market. He has developed 5 bases in Romania: Bucharest, Craiova, Timişoara, Cluj and Târgu Mureş. It opened new routes and continued to expand its activity at 8 airports in the country. Below is a list of the most important Wizz Air events in Romania:
- Bucharest - Malta, Bucharest - Malaga, Bucharest - Malmo and Bucharest - Doncaster Sheffield with Wizz Air, in summer
- Bucharest - Basel (Switzerland) and Bucharest - Nuremberg with Wizz Air, from 26 October to 2014
- Cluj - Basel with Wizz Air, from 25 July to 2014
- Wizz Air expanded its base in Cluj-Napoca and announced new routes, but the frequency has increased on already existing ones.
- Wizz Air increased its frequency to other destinations and got to operate 158 weekly flights departing from Bucharest
- Also in 2014, Wizz Air increased its base in Timisoara and opened new routes
- In 2014, Wizz Air has opened the 5 base in Romania, in Craiova
- Starting in 2014, Wizz Air opened the first routes departing from Iasi
- From 14 June 2014, Wizz Air opens Sibiu - London (Luton) route
- On 26 October 2014, Wizz Air inaugurated the Sibiu - Dortmund route