IATA will launch the IATA Travel Pass in March.
The International Air Transport Association (IATA) has announced that it will launch the IATA Travel Pass at the end of March. Travel Pass is a digital health application that will manage and verify the flow of information needed for travel.
Singapore Airlines will be, at this stage, IATA's partner for the launch of the pilot application. Subsequently, the application will be used by airlines that are part of the International Airlines Group (IAG), but also by 20 other airlines such as Qatar Airways, Emirates, Etihad Airways, Copa Airlines or RwandAir.
IATA calls for the systematic testing of COVID-19 by all international travelers.
IATA Travel Pass will manage and verify the flow of necessary information that must reach all parties involved:
- governments - to verify the authenticity of the tests and the identity of those presenting the test certificates.
- Airlines - to provide accurate information to their passengers on the test requirements and to verify that a passenger meets the travel requirements.
- Laboratories - to issue digital certificates to passengers
- passengers - to provide accurate information on test requirements, where they can be tested or vaccinated, but also to pass on the information obtained to airlines and border authorities.
The IATA Travel Pass incorporates four sources and interoperable modules that can be combined for one solution.
- Global Register of Health Requirements - allows passengers to find accurate information about travel, testing and vaccination requirements.
- Global register of test / vaccination centers - allows passengers to identify test centers and laboratories that meet the standards for testing and vaccination requirements of their destination.
- Laboratory application - allows authorized laboratories and test centers to safely share test and vaccination certificates with passengers.
- Contactless travel app - allows passengers to:
- create a "digital passport"
- receive test and vaccination certificates and verify that they are sufficient for their itinerary
- share test or vaccination certificates with airlines and authorities.
- manage digital documentation seamlessly throughout the trip