The most beautiful, award-winning and appreciated beaches in Greece.
Greece, the realm of the gods in antiquity, has become one of the most visited and appreciated countries in the world. In our experience, Greece is the destination that never disappoints, regardless of everyone's claims.
Greece is the place where paradisiacal landscapes, beaches with azure waters and fine sand, the ruins of ancient temples merge between history and traditions. After we have presented you some of the most beautiful and attractive islands of Greece, now we present some of the most beautiful beaches on the coast of Greece.
The most beautiful beaches in Greece!
Thermes Beach - Kos Island
The mountains on the island are not very high, but they create a unique landscape, quiet bays and beaches that stretch for 100 km.
- One of the most famous beaches on Kos is Bathrooms. It is very well known for its black, soft and fine sand, but also for the thermal springs that flow into the sea and heat the water. The sea water is clean and calm.
- Other beaches that can be found on the island are Mastichari, Kefalos, Paradise, Marmari.
Faliraki Beach - Rhodes Island
Rhodes attracts tens of thousands of tourists each year, who choose the island Rhodes for the quiet and beautiful beaches and for the unique landscapes. Steep cliffs, but also secluded bays, fine sandy and golden beaches and the great crystal transform Rhodes in the "paradise between two seas".
- Faliraki Beach it is known for its sand, being a beach recommended especially for families. On the beach there are sun loungers and numerous taverns where you can eat authentic Greek tea. There are many resorts and hotels near the beach, depending on your preferences and budget.
- Pallas Beach, Ixia Beach, But and Prason - where you can swim in the Mediterranean Sea or the Aegean Sea, depending on your preferences.
Porto Katsiki Beach - Lefkada Island
On the island of Lefkada you can find both small and natural beaches, as well as long popular beaches, dotted with bars and taverns or special places for activities (paragliding or kitesurfing). The island has many fine white sand beaches perfect for a week of relaxation.
In the west of the island, the beaches are truly impressive. The water is very clear and azure, and the landscapes are amazing, with steep cliffs that form natural islets in the sea. In the east of Lefkada, the beaches are sheltered from the wind, calm, safe, preferable by families with small children.
- Beach Porto Katsiki was included in the top of the most beautiful beaches in the world.
- Other famous beaches are Egremni and Katsima. Unfortunately, the first one suffered after a strong earthquake in 2015.
Paleokastritsa Beach - Corfu Island
Being one of the most beautiful islands in Greece, the island of Corfu is known for its unique beaches with spectacular landscapes, rocky trails, which lead you to the most amazing places and which give a special charm to the island.
- One of the most famous beaches is Paleokastritsa. Located in the northeast of the island, Paleokastritsa beach is well known for its cold, crystalline, turquoise water. The landscape of Palaiokastritsa, as the locals call it, is unique. And if you look back from the sea, you can see orchards of lemons and olive trees, but also scattered houses on the mountainside.
- Other recommended beaches are Ayia Varvara (with reddish sands), Glyfada, Canal d`amour, Kassiopi, Roda
Navagio Beach - Zakynthos Island
Zakynthos is one of the most popular islands in the Ionian Sea, known for its beaches, sandy coves and nightlife. If you are on holiday, you should visit the Navagio wreck and the Blue Caves caves, or look for Caretta - Caretta turtles, but the most important thing is to relax on one of the secluded beaches.
- Located in the northwest of the island, Navigation it is also known as the "shipwrecked beach", being one of the most photographed beaches in Greece. The beach is soft and white sand, and the water is crystal clear and turquoise.
- Other known beaches are: Gerakas, Banana Beach, Argassi, Laganas, or Daphne.
Vai Beach - Crete Island
Crete, the largest island in Greece, is divine: wild natural beauty, culture, history and traditional Greek and Mediterranean cuisine. Crete - the fifth largest island in the Mediterranean - has so many beaches that it can be tricky to choose just to relax.
- Beach Plan your trip (the palm forest of Vai), is one of the most famous beaches in Crete and one of the most beautiful places in the Mediterranean. The beach has fine golden sand, being organized with sunbeds, umbrellas and wooden walkways. If you want, you can climb the platform on the hill to admire a breathtaking panorama.
- Other beaches not to be missed are: Balos (known for the Gramvoussa rock), Elafonisi (with pink sand) or Matala.
Koukounaries Beach - Skiathos Island
Skiathos Island is one of the islands with the most beautiful beaches in Greece. The beaches are covered with fine sand and the water is warm and crystal clear. The island is ideal for family vacations. The wings are not deep and the island is very quiet.
- Koukounaries Beach it is the most famous and crowded on the island. Its popularity does not surprise anyone because the beach enjoys a fine white sand, being shrouded in the scent of the pine forest that surrounds it. The beach is one of the most beautiful in the world. Koukounaries Beach is famous for this contrast between the sea and the pine forest.
- The beaches are the main asset, but the most beautiful are located in the southern part of the island.
Paranga Beach - Mykonos Island
Mykonos has many beaches, each suitable for a certain style: for families, jet-setters, for the LGBTQ + community, for those who love the nightlife, for those who love camping or for those who want peace, without crowds.
- Beach Paranga it is preferred by everyone: couples, family members, bachelors, but also locals. On the beach is the famous Tasos restaurant - an excellent restaurant with traditional food at acceptable prices.
- Plte beaches that you can put on the list are Agios Ioannis, Fokos or Kalo Livadi.
Red Beach (Kokkini Paralia) - Santorini Island
Being a volcanic island, Santorini it does not have beaches with fine sand, but with black gravel. However, some idyllic places can be found in the south of the island.
- Red Beach (Kokkini Paralia) this famous for its reddish sand and the volcanic rocks that surround it, being the most famous net on the island. It is located 12 km southwest of Thira (Fira).
- Other beaches not to be missed are: White, Columbus (black sand beach, surrounded by red cliffs), Perissa and Chambers.
Golden Beach - Thassos Island
On the island of Thassos you will find a new beach at every step. Many of them have been listed with the "blue flag", which means that they are some of the most beautiful beaches in the world.
- Golden Beach is the most popular on the island, being just a strip of sand that attracts most tourists in the region. It has clear water, fine sand and gold. It is designed for sun loungers and camping, dotted with taverns, but is also ideal for beach sports and water activities.
- In Thassos, more than 30 beaches offer tourists unique conditions and landscapes.
The images "speak" on their own. There are so many beautiful islands and beaches in Greece that it would take us years to visit them all.
What is your favorite beach in Greece?