Trains of the Sun 2022: over 40 trains to the Black Sea resorts!
From June 10 to 11, 2022, all trains lead to the Black Sea. CFR Călători starts the summer transport program “Trenurile Soarelui 2022”. Tourists will have at their disposal 40 trains that will provide daily direct connections from all over the country with the resorts on the Black Sea and the Danube Delta until September 11-12, 2022.
All regions of the country will be connected during the summer with the most sought after holiday destinations on the Romanian coast, CFR Călători offering everyone the opportunity to travel either by direct trains from Arad, Deva, Timișoara Nord, Reșița Nord, Oradea, Satu Mare, Baia Mare, Cluj Napoca, Târgu Mureș, Brașov, Suceava, Iași, Galați, Buzău, or by ensuring a fast connection from North Bucharest by trains running on a timed schedule (1-2 hours) on the route North Bucharest - Constanța and return. Thus, for three months,
- 30 direct trains (15 return - 15 return, including related branches) departing from the main cities will have as destination / departure the Romanian coast, of which 18 trains (9 return / 9 return) have as destination / departure Mangalia.
- 38 trains (19 return - 19 return) will ensure the connection of the capital with the coast and return (15 pairs from Bucharest North, 12 pairs from Bucharest Băneasa - of which 3 pairs do not pass through Bucharest North station, 1 pair from Bucharest Obor).
- For the trip to the Danube Delta, from June 11, 2022, the trains IR 1981 / R 8653 and R 8656 / IR 1982 will ensure the daily direct connection Bucharest North - Tulcea City and return for the entire duration of the season. Also, in Medgidia, the connection to Tulcea Oraș and return by train from the capital or Constanța will be ensured daily.
The journey time on the route Bucharest - Constanța is on average about 2 hours and 20 minutes - hard time to reach by other means of land transport, from the center of Bucharest to the center of Constanța.
All summer InterRegio trains consist of air-conditioned class cars, equipped with electrical outlets for charging the laptop or mobile phone battery, ecological toilets, access doors and semi-automatic intermediaries, most of the cars are modernized (completely rebuilt) in the last 12 years. Also, long-distance trains are composed of berth wagons.
The trains IR 1992 and IR 1990 Timișoara Nord / Reșița Nord - Mangalia and return are also composed of air-conditioned sleeping cars, and the trains IR 1941 and IR 1942 Satu Mare / Baia Mare / Cluj Napoca / Târgu Mureș - Mangalia and return are also composed of wagons with space for bar activity.
Tickets for CFR Călători trains are accessible to all through the wide range of commercial offers. These are presented in detail on www.cfrcalatori.ro, in the section Internal Traffic / Offers and Facilities. For the services included in the special summer program, all travel facilities granted by the normative acts in force are valid.
Fares on the route Bucharest North - Constanța
The fare for a trip with a place reserved on the route Bucharest North - Constanța for the 2nd class, for the IR train is 59,60 lei, for the Regio-Expres train it is 33,20 lei and for the Regio train it is 30,30 lei. These rates apply to discounts such as: 5% discount on the transport fare when buying online (from the website or application) and from ticket vending machines located in major stations; 10% discount on the transport fare when buying a return ticket; a discount of up to 10% of the transport fare on advance purchase. Students receive free admission, and students a 50% discount on travel in 2nd class carriages.
During the summer transport program, tourists on the Romanian coast have the opportunity to travel between seaside resorts with seasonal InterRegio trains, at Regio train fare, if they buy tickets at the ticket offices on the Constanța - Mangalia section.
In order to have a predictability of the transport request and to be able to adapt our transport capacity to the required number of seats, CFR Călători recommends that you plan your trip in advance, including the purchase of travel documents. Tickets can be purchased 30 days in advance using the following sales channels:
- online from cfrcalatori.ro;
- from the mobile application “CFR Passengers train trains and online tickets” (available in Google Play, App Store and Huawei AppGallery);
- from station vending machines;
- from the ticket offices in the stations, CFR Călători travel agents and authorized distributors (travel agencies).
Before making the trip, we ask all passengers to make sure that they have a travel ticket, in order to avoid additional train charges, corresponding to the train rank and mileage area and / or to bear the costs of the fine according to the regulations in force.