Quarantine flights between Germany and Singapore, from September 8, 2021
It will be possible to enter Singapore from Germany for fully vaccinated trips from 8 September. The quarantine previously imposed on arrival in Singapore will no longer be required. Germany is the first country with which the mega city of Southeast Asia has signed an agreement for quarantine-free travel.
The quarantine exemption applies to specific flights, known as Vaccinated Travel Lane (VTL). Lufthansa and Singapore Airlines will offer one VTL flight per day, from Frankfurt or Munich, starting September 16. Reservations are already possible.
Customers will also be able to register for VTL flights on a Singapore government website from 1 September. "The opening of Singapore not only allows people to visit friends and family or meet business partners again, but also sends an important signal to other countries in the region.", says Elise Becker, Lufthansa's Sales Manager for Asia-Pacific.
Since the announcement by the Singapore government, the demand for flights between Germany and Singapore has tripled.
"It is more important than ever for countries to work together to find solutions to restore international travel. Lufthansa and Singapore Airlines have made a significant contribution to this development. "
In order to travel to Singapore on a VTL flight, a number of criteria must be met:
- the traveler is completely vaccinated in Germany or Singapore with PfizerBioNTech, Moderna or another vaccine that is on the WHO-approved list.
- have lived in Germany and / or Singapore for at least 21 consecutive days before leaving for Singapore. VTL passengers must not be German speakers or nationals.
- show the negative result of a Covid-19 PCR test to be performed no later than 48 hours before departure.
- a second PCR test will be performed on arrival in Singapore. Until the negative result of this test is obtained, travelers must stay in the hotel or at the accommodation in Singapore.
- Depending on the length of the trip to Singapore, two additional PCR tests may be required.
- flight booking on a designated VTL flight.