New travel conditions in Greece, in the context of the evolution of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs states that the Greek authorities have updated the conditions for entry into the Hellenic Republic, in the context of the evolution of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Extend the quarantine regime (lockdown) for the entire territory of the Hellenic Republic until 16 March 2021, subject to all previous measures.
Isolation at home for a period of 7 days
All persons entering the territory of the Hellenic Republic (by air, road or sea), until March 16, 2021, are subject to the measure of self-isolation at their place of residence / residence for a period of 7 days.
Persons arriving in the Hellenic Republic for a stay of less than 7 days must remain in solitary confinement for the entire period they are in Greek territory.
People arriving from the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland are required to present a PCR-type molecular test with a negative result for SARS-CoV-2 virus infection, performed at their own expense, in order to get out of self-isolation.
Presentation of the PLF form (Passenger Locator Form)
Until 16 March 2021, entry into the territory of the Hellenic Republic through the Promachonas border crossing point may be made under the following conditions:
- people travel only for essential trips (travel for tourism, sightseeing, etc.) are excluded;
- presentation of a PCR-type molecular test with a negative result for SARS-CoV-2 infection, performed no later than 72 hours before the moment of entry into the territory of the Hellenic Republic, by a laboratory certified by the competent national authority;
- the certificate with the negative result of the test (written in English) must contain the name, surname, passport number or identity card of the person tested;
- obtaining a negative result in the rapid test for SARS-CoV-2 infection performed at the land border crossing point by the mobile units of the General Secretariat for Civil Protection and the National Public Health Organization (EODY). Access will be allowed only to persons who will obtain a negative test result (the result is released on the spot). This additional test measure applies to all categories of persons entering the Hellenic Republic by road with effect from 20 November;
- presentation of the PLF form (Passenger Locator Form), with QR code, this being considered a necessary document for entering the territory of the Hellenic Republic, by any means of access (to be filled in on the website http://travel.gov.gr).
Careful! Categories of persons who may enter Greek territory during this period:
- Greek nationals, foreign nationals holding a Greek residence permit, persons with permanent residence in the Hellenic Republic, persons entering the Hellenic Republic for reasons absolutely necessary from a professional point of view or for medical reasons - proven by the necessary documents - through crossing points at the border Kakavia, Evzoni, Kipi;
- Holders of a special identity card for ethnic Greeks in the diaspora (Albania), through the Kakavia border crossing, maintaining the limit of 750 people / day;
- Medical transport vehicles carrying medical transport from Serbia / Kosovo to Thessaloniki for the admission of patients belonging to the diplomatic, military or administrative corps, as well as their family members, through the Evzoni border crossing point.
The Greek authorities shall maintain the measures required upon entry into the Hellenic Republic until 16 March 2021, with the express statement that they may be changed at any time, without notice, in the event of an increase in the number of persons infected with SARS-CoV-2.
The MFA reiterates the recommendation addressed to the Romanian citizens to be thoroughly informed before traveling abroad and to strictly observe the measures adopted in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic.