The Republic of Moldova has declared a state of emergency in public health until January 15, 2021
The Romanian Embassy in the Republic of Moldova informs that, starting with November 30, 2020, the state of emergency in public health is re-established throughout the Republic of Moldova, between November 30, 2020 - January 15, 2021, in accordance with the Decision of the Extraordinary National Public Health Commission no. 35 of November 27, 2020.
The validity of the list of states with increased epidemiological risk of COVID-19 transmission, classified as red zone, for which the self-isolation regime is required upon entering the Republic of Moldova (developed by the Ministry of Health, Labor and Social Protection, valid from 23.11.2020) is maintained.
The list of countries, classified in red and green areas, will be updated every 14 days, on Friday, and will enter into force on Monday of the following week).
Romania is classified in the red zone
According to the decision, Romania is classified in the red zone. It is allowed the entry on the territory of the Republic of Moldova, through the state border crossing points, of foreign citizens and stateless persons coming from countries classified as green areas.
Persons crossing the state border on the way to enter the Republic of Moldova and coming from countries classified as green areas will not complete the Epidemiological File and will not be obliged to comply with the 14 (fourteen) day self-isolation regime.
If the starting point is located in a country classified as a green area, and during the journey the country classified as a red zone was transited, including airport transit, then the person is considered to be coming from the red zone, complete the epidemiological file and is obliged to observe the self-isolation regime of 14 (fourteen) days.
It is forbidden to enter the territory of the Republic of Moldova
It is forbidden the entry on the territory of the Republic of Moldova, through the state border crossing points, of foreign citizens and stateless persons coming from countries classified as red zone, with the following exceptions:
- family members of the citizens of the Republic of Moldova;
- persons holding a long-stay visa, a residence permit or a document equivalent to a residence permit issued by the authorities;
- persons traveling in the professional interest, proven by visa, residence permit or other confirmatory document, which includes the invitation and / or the contract concluded with a legal person resident in the Republic of Moldova;
- pupils / students, who are to take exams, who go to study in educational units / institutions on the territory of the Republic of Moldova or abroad, or who travel for activities related to the completion / organization / development of studies, with the presentation of confirmatory documents.
The exception also applies to the legal representative or companion designated by declaration by the legal representative:
- family members of foreign citizens who have a residence permit in the Republic of Moldova;
- foreign nationals working as teachers in the Republic of Moldova;
- holders of diplomatic, service, official and special passports and the like, as well as holders of Laissez-Passer travel documents issued by the United Nations, including family members of diplomatic and consular missions and international organizations / missions accredited to the Republic of Moldova and / or personnel involved in providing humanitarian aid;
- persons in transit, including those repatriated as a result of the granting of consular protection. The transit itinerary will be established by the General Inspectorate of the Border Police;
- persons traveling for health and humanitarian reasons, including the accompanying person, as appropriate (with presentation of confirmatory documents);
- cross-border workers entering the low-traffic regime in the Republic of Moldova from Romania or Ukraine, who prove the contractual relations with economic agents from the Republic of Moldova;
- drivers and service personnel of the means of transport, carrying out the transport of goods, of means of transport-persons for a fee, who have more than 9 seats, including the driver's seat, crews and service personnel of aircraft / ships, as well as the brigades and service personnel of the train sets;
- foreign journalists, accredited as permanent correspondents in the Republic of Moldova by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and European Integration.
Persons crossing the state border on the way to enter the Republic of Moldova, and coming, directly or in transit, from countries classified as red zone, must complete the Epidemiological File and sign the declaration on their own responsibility to comply with the self-isolation regime of 14 (fourteen) days, in the determined places.
Moldova allows transit
Regarding the transit, the authorities of the Republic of Moldova specified that it is allowed, under the following conditions: The duration of the transit should not exceed 48 hours.
Only the following transit lanes and border crossing points shall be used:
Giurgiulești - Galați road, Giurgiulești - Reni road;
Chisinau International Airport by air, Leușeni - Albita road;
Chisinau International Airport by air, Criva - Mamaliga road;
Chisinau International Airport by air, Palanca - Maiaki - Udobnoe road.
Open border crossing points with the Republic of Moldova: Roads: • Sculeni-Sculeni • Albița-Leușeni • Galați-Giurgiulești • Stânca-Costești.