Charter flights from / to Antalya, operated according to the schedule
The National Association of Travel Agencies (ANAT) came with a press release, targeting charter flights to / from Turkish holiday destinations.
Charter flights to Antalya, scheduled from Bucharest, Cluj-Napoca, Iaşi and Suceava, are operated on Saturday, July 16, according to the schedule. Over 1.000 of Romanian tourists arrive in Antalya today for a seven-day vacation. The activity at Antalya airport runs smoothly on Saturday.
Charter flights from / to Antalya
A working group set up at the level of the National Association of Tourism Agencies (ANAT) is in constant contact with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, regarding the evolution of the situation in Turkey. Romanian tour operators, who operate charters in tourist destinations in Turkey, are constantly informed by their local partners about the situation in Antalya, Bodrum and Kusadasi.
"Antalya is a tourist area far away from Istanbul and Ankara, tourists who arrive there are protected from the political crisis. We take into account the information of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and we constantly inform, in our turn, tourists. Ever since the early hours of the morning, when the first charters left for Antalya, Romanian tour operators have been present to inform them that their vacations in Antalya resorts will not be disturbed by what is happening in other areas of the country, ” declares Alin Burcea, president of ANAT.
From the information held so far, no cancellation of a charter flight is justified. If the situation so requires, the Romanian tour operators will take measures accordingly.
With the seven charter flights scheduled for Saturday, more than one thousand tourists arrived in Antalya, the percentage of those who gave up their vacation, at the last moment, being up to 15%. ANAT tour operators offer them, first and foremost, alternative vacations, in other destinations or periods. Depending on the policy of each one, tour operators could also compensate tourists who give up vacation in Antalya.
"We want to come to meet our tourists concerned about the possible risks of the stay. The law says that they can get their money back in case of declaring a force majeure situation. This is not something in Turkey or in Antalya at the moment, ”says ANAT president.
Over 90.000 of Romanian tourists bought this year's holidays in Antalya, a number similar to last year.