Bucharest - Beirut with TAROM, from July 18, 2020 (special flights)
According to our information, TAROM is negotiating with the Beirut authorities in order to resume commercial flights. About 2 weeks ago, the negotiations failed because the Lebanese authorities wanted to do 2 PCR tests (on landing and takeoff).
But here comes the good news. From July 18, TAROM will resume flights on the route Bucharest - Beirut. For a start, the flights will be organized on a special basis. There will be only one flight a week, every Saturday.
Bucharest - Beirut with TAROM
BUCHAREST - BEIRUT, fare 289 euro / ticket, 10 kg hand luggage and 23 kg hold luggage included.
BEIRUT - BUCHAREST, fare 289 euro / ticket, 10 kg hand luggage and 23 kg hold luggage included.
Important information for flights Bucharest - Beirut with TAROM
*Careful! All passengers will pay an additional fee of 100 euros for the PCR test, which will be performed at BEIRUT airport (requested by the Lebanese authorities).
Passengers with tickets already purchased will pay the fare difference (depending on the booking class on the ticket) without other penalties.
* All passengers will complete and present at check-in "Health Statement" (you can download it here: https://arcg.is/0GaDnG) and will be required to have insurance valid throughout their stay in Lebanon, which can cover all treatment costs for COVID19
* Passengers originating from a trip to a country where PCR tests are authorized and accepted by the Lebanese authorities will present a negative PCR test (check in English) at the check-in, a test performed no more than 96 hours in advance. boarding. Passengers will not be boarded without this test.
* As an exception, passengers coming from a country not included in the list of those accepted may also be boarded, passengers who, in addition to the test performed at the airport, will perform a second test in Lebanon within a period of 72 hours after the test on arrival in Beirut. The cost of this test will also be borne by the passengers.
* Passengers will wear the mask throughout the flight as well as inside the airports of origin, transfer and destination.
* Tickets can only be purchased from TAROM agencies (including GSA - Al Sawan in Lebanon), but also from the TAROM call center. You cannot purchase tickets on the official Tarom website.
Special flights have a different operating regime than commercial ones and are subject to the legislation in force.