Entry conditions in Belarus: negative PCR test for COVID-19 and 10-day isolation for those traveling from Romania.

1 669

From the moment the provisions of the decree of the Council of Ministers no. 705 enters into force (20 December 2020), foreign nationals arriving in the Republic of Belarus (except those who have a permanent or temporary residence permit in that State) must hold, in original or copy, a medical document in physical or electronic format confirming negative result of PCR type molecular test for SARS-CoV-2 infection.

The PCR test must be performed no later than three days (72 hours) before the date of entry into the Republic of Belarus. The absence of such a medical document is the basis for the refusal to enter the Republic of Belarus.

Foreign nationals from 146 countries must enter isolation for 10 calendar days

At the same time, according to the new provisions, both foreign nationals and citizens of the Republic of Belarus who arrived from the states included by the Ministry of Health on the list of "red zone" states (as of December 10, 146 states are in this category, including Romania), must be in solitary confinement for 10 calendar days from the date of entry into the territory of that State. Travel outside the Republic of Belarus is not permitted until the end of the period of self-isolation. 

The Republic of Belarus will no longer allow its citizens to leave their national territory by road, river and rail.

Also, as of December 20, 2020, the Republic of Belarus will no longer allow the exit by road, river and rail from the national territory of its own citizens and foreign nationals holding a permanent or temporary residence permit in that state. Leaving the territory of the Republic of Belarus will continue to be allowed by air.

The above-mentioned exit ban does not apply to persons holding diplomatic and service passports, official delegations, international road transport drivers, aircraft and ship crews, train crews, business people and other categories. The measure also does not apply to people who have an employment contract or study abroad, as well as to people who have a residence permit in another state, but these categories of people will be able to leave no more than once every six months. .

Leave A Reply

Your email address Will not be published.