How to get a temporary passport in an emergency - costs, duration, documents
The temporary simple passport is travel document which is issued to Romanian citizens who meet the conditions provided by law and is not located in one of the situations of suspension of the right to travel abroad, and in the next period they need a proven urgency of a valid passport.
This document is issued to Romanian citizens both by the competent authorities in the country and by the diplomatic missions / consular offices of Romania abroad.
Romanian citizens requesting the issuance of a temporary simple passport must must have assigned a Personal Numeric Code (CNP) to be registered in the Romanian civil status certificates or in the identity documents (identity card, temporary identity card, identity card, passport).
You can request the issuance of a passport in the country, at any community public passport service, and abroad, at the diplomatic missions and consular offices of Romania.
The validity of the temporary simple passport is 1 (one) year, regardless of the age of the holder and cannot be extended.
The simple temporary passport is issued to Romanian citizens who meet the conditions provided by this law and are not in one of the situations of suspension of the right to travel abroad, in the following situations:
a) for persons who declare that they do not wish to be issued with a simple electronic passport;
b) If the Holder declares in writing that he / she is about to travel to states between which there is a belligerence or diplomatic conflict, and a stamp or visa issued by the state with which the country he / she is traveling is affixed in the simple passport or electronic passport In conflict;
c) When the holder holds a simple passport or a simple electronic passport containing valid visas, but as a result of the exhaustion of the sheets intended to be used, the journey in that State or in States other than those issuing the visas is no longer possible;
d) when the holder has submitted the simple passport or the electronic passport for obtaining visas and declares that he must travel urgently abroad;
e) when the minor is going to travel abroad for studies or to participate in official competitions or to follow a medical treatment without which his life or health is endangered and there is no time necessary to obtain the consent of the other parent provided in art. 17 of Law no. 248/2005;
f) for Romanian citizens abroad who no longer have valid travel documents and who declare that it is necessary to continue their trip abroad or to regulate their stay on the territory of a state;
g) in objective situations where, for health, family or professional reasons, the presence of the person on the territory of another state is necessary and urgent and there is no time required for the issuance of the electronic simple passport.
The temporary simple passport is issued:
a) in the situation provided in let. a), within the legal term provided for the issuance of the simple electronic passport;
b) in the situations provided in let. b) -g), within a maximum of 3 working days from the date of submitting the application.
- Temporary simple passport does not contain prints digital record of the holder, regardless of his age.
- The electronic signature of the holder, a Romanian citizen aged 14 at the time of submitting the application, is taken over.
- The personal presence of the applicants is mandatory at the time of submitting the application.
NOTE: To meet the technical conditions prevătaken by the legal regulations for taking the photograph, sIt is recommended that the person whose passport will be issued be dressed in the upper part of the body in dark and / or intense colors, avoiding light colors or clothing in plaid or light stripes.
If you do not have any other Romanian identity document when you ask the embassies or consulates to issue a temporary passport to continue the trip or to regulate the stay, it is very important for you to be able to provide the diplomatic mission / consular post Personal Numeric Code ( CNP) assigned to you by the Romanian population registration authorities. This code is registered in the birth / marriage certificates, identity cards, passports and driving licenses issued by the Romanian authorities.
In the country, the value of the passport is as follows:
- for the simple electronic passport
- 258 lei - for people over 12 years old
- 234 lei - for persons under 12 years of age
- for the passport simple temporary: 96 lei - regardless of age.
Starting with 07.09.2020, the payment of the passport value can be made as follows:
- at the cashiers of the CEC Bank units, as well as at the Selfpay payment stations of CEC Bank;
- online, exclusively through the virtual payment platform Ghiseul.ro
- by postal order, in the process of implementation The payment documents issued before 02.09.2020 remain valid for the submission of applications for the issuance of passports.
Documents required for issuing a temporary simple passport
- Identity card, provisional identity card or, as the case may be, valid identity card, in original. The temporary identity card must be accompanied by the original birth certificate.
- The document proving the payment of the value of the passport, in original, or the payment document published on paper containing all the information related to the payment made by means of online payment, completed in the name of the holder.
- Previous passport, if any.
Personally, I recommend that you get a simple electronic passport! It costs more, but the execution time is approximately the same as in the case of the temporary simple passport, and the validity of the electronic simple passport is 10 years!