Greece will recognize the COVID-19 recovery certificate with a maximum validity of 90 days!

0 359

Eligible travelers entering Greece, who are carrying proof of recovery due to COVID-19, should now know that the validity of these certificates has been shortened from 180 days to 90 days. The measure was announced by the Greek authorities.

The Greek Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) announced on Friday (December 9th) that COVID-19 recovery certificates will now be valid for a maximum of 90 days for entry into Greece.

Passengers wishing to enter Greece on the basis of the recovery certificate must bring a certificate of illness issued thirty (30) days after the first positive test, and it will be valid for up to ninety (90) days.", CAA notes in a press release.

Until now, travelers could enter Greece on the basis of a recovery certificate valid for a maximum of 180 days, but not earlier than 30 days after the positive test. For example, at present, the certificates that remain valid are those issued after July 15 but not later than November 15.

The decision will affect travelers from 43 countries around the world who have not been vaccinated but have so far been eligible to enter with proof that they have become ill, especially those who became infected with COVID-19 between April 15 and 15 July this year.

These 43 countries are: Australia, Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Argentina, Bahrain, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brunei, Canada, China, Chile, Chinese Taipei, Israel, India, Japan, Jordan, Kosovo, Kuwait , Lebanon, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Mexico, New Zealand, Northern Macedonia, Oman, Qatar, Russia, San Marino, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, South Korea, Singapore, Turkey, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, States United States of America America, Uruguay and the Vatican.

However, they may enter Greece by taking a PCR test for COVID-19 within 72 hours or a rapid test 48 hours before entering Greece.

In addition to the third-country residents listed above, they are allowed to enter Greece from other countries of the world, EU and Schengen nationals, their spouse (or cohabitant), and their minor children.

Leave A Reply

Your email address Will not be published.