IMPORTANT! Travel conditions from Romania to England!
From 1 November 2021, travel conditions in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland will vary according to the stage of vaccination of persons. For people vaccinated with two doses, the travel conditions are much simplified.
For unvaccinated or vaccinated people with a single dose / incomplete, there are special restrictions and rules. At this time, no state or territory is on the red list.
Travel conditions to England
Starting in October 2021, new measures on access to England came into force:
- Travels vaccinated with a complete schedule (two doses or a single dose, depending on the type of vaccine) must be at least 14 days before arrival in England:
- Proof of booking a COVID-19 test to be performed on the first or second day of arrival.
- Completing the form Passenger locator form (which can be downloaded here).
As of October 24, 2021, the COVID-19 test can be a PCR or later flow test. The supplier of the rapid test must be on the list approved by the British authorities.
The obligation to perform the test before departure is removed. People vaccinated with a double dose will prove their immunization by means of an official document issued by a medical authority in those states, written in English, French or Spanish and which must include the full name, date of birth, type of vaccine and manufacturer, date of administration of the two. doses and details of the medical authority that issued the certificate. Otherwise, the measures shall apply to unvaccinated persons.
- Travels unvaccinated (partially / incompletely vaccinated or vaccinated under programs not recognized by the UK authorities) must present:
- a test (PCR, rapid antigen or LAMP) for SARS-CoV-2 virus infection, with negative result, performed 3 days before travel, issued in English;
- form passenger locator form (which can be downloaded here: (https://www.gov.uk/provide-journey-contact-details-before-travel-uk);
- the reservation code for two tests for SARS-CoV-2 virus infection, which will be performed on the 2nd and 8th day after arrival in the UK (reservation can be made at: https://www.find-travel-test-provider.service.gov.uk/test-type).
- These people will have to be quarantined at home for a period of 10 days upon arrival.
People in transit
Persons in transit are required to complete the form "Passenger Locator Form ” and present, as appropriate * on board * a negative test for SARS-CoV-2 virus infection. Quarantine or testing is not required on the 2nd and 8th day if the passenger in transit does not leave the point of entry into the United Kingdom or travels directly to another point of departure in the United Kingdom.
From October 2021, people who do not have the right to reside in the UK (settled or pre-settled status) will be able to enter / transit the United Kingdom only on the basis of a passport (single or temporary), which must be valid for the entire period of stay / transit.