Sanitary measures applicable to polling stations abroad for the December 2020 elections
This is an informative article. It is addressed to those who will want to vote abroad in the elections for the Romanian Parliament 2020.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs informs that on Friday, November 20, 2020, the joint order of the Ministry of Health and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs was published in the Official Gazette, with the approval of the Permanent Electoral Authority, on public health measures and actions applicable to polling stations organized abroad. election of the Senate and the Chamber of Deputies from 5-6 December 2020.
The main measures to prevent contamination and limit the risk of disease with the new coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) in the case of polling stations abroad are similar to those implemented for conducting electoral activities in Romania. Among them, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs mentions:
The main sanitary measures applicable to the polling stations abroad
- the wearing of a protective mask, so as to cover the nose and mouth, by the participants in the electoral process for the entire period in which they are in the polling station headquarters and in the polling station;
- ensuring the physical distance of at least one meter between the participants in the electoral process;
- periodic disinfection and after each direct contact with other people of the hands of the participants in the electoral process;
- disinfection or nebulisation, as the case may be, of the polling stations, before and after the end of voting, on both voting days;
- periodic disinfection of the surfaces and instruments necessary for voting, during the electoral process.
You must also comply with the measures applied in the state, region, place of residence
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs states that these measures will be corroborated with the sanitary measures in force in the state of residence, the region and the locality where the polling station abroad is organized.
In this regard, the MFA recommends Romanian citizens abroad to learn the rules of the order, to be informed in advance of health measures applicable in the country / region of residence and to strictly comply with the measures and rules established in the context of the COVID pandemic. -19.
At the same time, the MFA mentions that the rules of individual protection, physical distance, hygiene and access to polling stations will be displayed on the websites and social media of diplomatic missions and consular offices, as well as in visible places in the headquarters of the polling station. voting and in the polling station. At the same time, the staff of the polling stations will make every effort to organize the voting process in a safe and efficient manner.
The MFA reminds that Romanian citizens residing or residing abroad can vote in this year's parliamentary elections at any of the 748 polling stations organized abroad during two days - Saturday, December 5 and Sunday, December 6, 2020. List of polling stations approved for the legislative elections on December 5 and 6!
The full document is available below!ordin_comun_mae_ms