New travel conditions in Poland: 10-day quarantine or vaccination certificate or negative COVID-19 test!
On a temporary basis, the Polish Government has decided to apply restrictive measures valid until 28 March 2021.
Travelers arriving in the Republic of Poland by 28 March 2021, from EU Member States, including Romania, by organized transport (by plane, train or bus), as well as citizens of EU Member States traveling to Poland by crossing the external border of the EU (respectively from Ukraine, Belarus or the Russian Federation) must be quarantined at a stated location on arrival, for a period of 10 days, bearing the costs incurred by the persons concerned.
Upon entry into the Republic of Poland, travelers must provide the border authorities with the address at which they will carry out the mandatory quarantine, as well as a contact telephone number, and travel immediately to the declared accommodation. The 10-day quarantine period will be calculated starting with the day following the entry into this state.
The following are exempted from quarantine:
- persons traveling by personal car (up to seven seats) in the Republic of Poland from EU Member States (less, from 27 February 2021, from the southern border states: the Czech Republic and Slovakia, including if these states are only transit)
- people who have been vaccinated for COVID-19 with a vaccine authorized in the EU (by administering both doses)
- persons who have a negative test result for SARS-CoV-2 infection performed before crossing the Polish border (if the test result, presented in Polish or English, falls within a 48-hour period calculated by upon receipt of the test result)
- persons holding a document that they have been placed in quarantine, have been in solitary confinement at home or hospitalized following confirmation of SARS-CoV-2 virus infection in the last six months prior to the border crossing of the Republic of Poland
- pupils, students
- certain professional groups (sailors, air personnel, military, diplomatic corps, persons traveling in professional activities and other categories)
- citizens and residents of EU Member States in transit through the territory of Poland, moving to their country of residence or residence. Additional information can be found in the text of the Decision.
- the persons concerned may not leave the quarantine location;
- walking pets, going to the store or to the doctor are prohibited;
- In case of specific symptoms of COVID-19 (malaise, fever, cough, difficulty breathing), a medical unit (clinic) should be contacted and a telephone consultation with a general practitioner should be established.
Important! The police check that the quarantined persons comply with this measure! Failure to comply with the quarantine is punishable by a fine of up to 30.000. PLN, the decision on the amount being taken on a case-by-case basis.
Until 14 March 2021, international rail passenger transport crossing the Polish border, which is the EU's external border, is suspended. There are no bans on rail passenger transport between Poland and EU Member States, nor on air passenger transport with these states, including Romania. Domestic air traffic takes place under normal conditions.
The list of countries from which flights to Poland are suspended can be found at https://www.gov.pl/web/coronavirus/travel, this being updated periodically.