The new conditions of entry and transit into Austria, valid from 19 December 2020
From 19.12.2020, people traveling to Austria will be quarantined for a period of 10 days at home (or in a suitable location whose costs must be borne by the personal budget), immediately after entering Austrian territory.
At least 5 days after entering Austria, testing will be allowed and, in the event of a negative result of a biological-molecular test for SARS-CoV-2 or an antigen test, the quarantine established during the 10 days will be suspended. All persons entering Austria must have on them quarantine declaration form completed.
If a document proving residence or secure proof of adequate accommodation cannot be presented, entry into Austria is prohibited. This procedure also applies to tourists.
Exceptions to the entry conditions presented above:
1. Persons traveling from Australia, Finland, Ireland, Iceland, Japan, New Zealand, Norway, South Korea, Uruguay and the Vatican shall be exempted from the quarantine measure and may present supporting documents. the last 10 days were on the territory of the respective states.
2. Persons belonging to the following categories:
- members of the staff of diplomatic missions or their family members living in the same household,
- employees of international organizations or their family members living in the same household,
- humanitarian mission staff, care and medical staff,
- seasonal labor force in agriculture, forestry or tourism, or
- companion (one person) for those entering for medical reasons
- persons arriving in response to a mandatory legal or administrative duty, such as filing summonses in legal proceedings. They may enter Austrian territory if they have a SARS-CoV-2 negative molecular test or an antigen test, not older than 72 hours from the date of sampling, in German or English. In the absence of one of these tests, the persons concerned and those living with them are obliged to undergo a quarantine period of 10 days at home (or in a suitable location whose costs must be borne by the personal budget), immediately after entering the Austria. If a molecular biological test for SARS-CoV-2 or antigen performed during the quarantine period is negative, the quarantine established during the 10 days is suspended.
These measures do not apply to professional hauliers.
Transit through Austria
The transit, without stopping, of the Romanian citizens on the territory of Austria to destinations from other countries is allowed on a permanent basis. Supporting documents may be required at the border to ensure entry into the country of destination: domicile / residence / right of residence / employment contract / any other proof of the need to enter, for example a certificate of compulsory medical treatment, studies, etc. . Careful! It is possible to increase waiting times at the Austrian border.