The new rules for entering Romania - for everyone to understand!
The National Committee for Emergency Situations adopted in the meeting of December 6, 2021 Decision number 111 for establishing the rules for applying the quarantine measure on persons arriving in Romania valid between 10.12.2021 at 00:00 - 08.01.2022 at 24:00. It is a long and thick text, which has caused a lot of trouble to many. So I decided that what I really needed to do was learn how to do it right.
Vaccinated people avoid quarantine regardless of the European country they travel from
1. Persons arriving from EU countries, the European Economic Area or the Swiss Confederation may avoid quarantine for 14 days as follows:
- If they arrive from the GREEN or YELLOW area and show proof of vaccination, proof of illness within the last 180 days OR proof of negative RT-PCR testing (up to 72 hours before boarding). In conclusion, the unvaccinated can enter Romania and can avoid quarantine only by presenting the negative result of an RT-PCR test.
- If they arrive from the RED area and show proof of vaccination or proof of illness. Unvaccinated people cannot avoid quarantine, but they can reduce it (see point 2) if they travel to Romania in the red zone.
2. Unvaccinated persons, arriving in Romania from the Member States of the European Union, the European Economic Area or the Swiss Confederation in the RED zone, may shorten their quarantine to 10 days if they show a negative result of an RT-PCR test, performed with 72 hours before boarding.
Vaccinated people traveling from third countries can avoid quarantine if they test negative for an RT-PCR test
4. Vaccinated persons traveling to Romania from third countries, regardless of classification, may avoid a quarantine of 14 days by presenting the negative result of an RT-PCR test performed at most 48 hours before boarding.
5. Unvaccinated people who have not been vaccinated will be quarantined. However, they may reduce their quarantine to 10 days if they have a negative RT-PCR test taken no more than 48 hours before boarding. The measure applies to those traveling from third countries, regardless of their inclusion in the risk area.
You have a number of exceptions in points 3 and 6. These can be found in the official document below!
In addition to the above, we remind you that from December 20 will have to be completed digital entry form in Romania, The local PLF! This measure applies to all passengers, without exception!