RYANAIR has transported over 10 millions of passengers from / to Romania
From the first flight operated in Romania, in 2008, and so far, RYANAIR has carried over 10 millions of passengers. The psychological threshold of 10 million was exceeded on 21 November 2019. The lucky passenger with the number 10 million traveled on the Bucharest - London Southend route.
RYANAIR has evolved in recent years, at least in Romania. He came, he left, he came back again and so on. It opened several bases, including in Timisoara and Oradea. Then he closed them. He currently has flights from Bucharest, Cluj and Timisoara.
For RYANAIR, everything is about money, profitability and aid. After an accelerated expansion in Romania, a period of consolidation followed. And for 2020, Europe's largest low-cost carrier has prepared a few new routes and a timid expansion. But let's see a brief summary!
The Ryanair 2020 program for Romania will offer:
- 3 airports: Bucharest (3 allocated aircraft), Cluj and Timișoara
- 25 of routes in total
- 5 new routes:
- From Bucharest to / from Edinburgh, London Southend, Pisa (all from Winter 2019) and Kavala (Summer 2020)
- From Cluj to / from London Stansted (Summer 2020)
- 2.62 million customers per year (+ 7%)
- Over 1,600 * of jobs (indirect)
Currently, RYANAIR has reached 2.62 millions of passengers carried per year, up 7% from the previous year. It remains to be seen what will happen in 2020.