COVID-19 Daily - August 11, 2021: Investigation in Germany after a nurse injected saline solution instead of COVID-19 vaccine; Portugal and Ireland start vaccinating children over 12!
August 11 brings new information on the evolution of the global pandemic. Portugal and Ireland start vaccinating children over 12! A police investigation in northern Germany has revealed that thousands of people have been injected with saline instead of the COVID-19 vaccine. Let's see the news of COVID-19 from August 11, 2021!
- The authorities in northern Germany have notified over 8600 people that they had been injected with a saline solution instead of the COVID-19 vaccine and will have to repeat the vaccination. A police investigation found that a Red Cross nurse had premeditatedly injected the saline solution.
- The pace of vaccination is declining in Germany. Chancellor Angela Merkel says people who have not applied for the vaccine will not be able to participate fully in public life.
- Portugal recommended that children aged between 12 and 15 to be vaccinated before the start of the school year. There are about 400.000 young people in this age group.
- VThe acclimation of children aged 12 to 15 in Ireland will begin on Saturday, just one week after the country expanded its vaccination effort to 16- to 17-year-olds. Children will receive either the Moderna vaccine or the Pfizer vaccine.
- The British government has revealed that over 75% of British adults received two doses of vaccine, being considered completely vaccinated. A third dose is being discussed.
- In Spain, number of persons hospitalized with COVID-19 it begins to decline as the country struggles with a fifth wave of the virus. But deaths and the number of people in intensive care remain high. About 21% of all ATI beds across the country are occupied by COVID-19 patients.